Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Win. 1885 Rifle (Read 6897 times)
Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Win. 1885 Rifle
Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
jy3855 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:50pm:
They also make nice reproduction scopes that would look good on your rifle, but the barrel is likely not drilled and tapped for blocks...

Problem with scope mounting on all Winchesters except the late ones with offset markings is that there's no space for mounting a block without mutilating some of the factory lettering--a grievous crime, I think.  That's why only two of my '85s have scopes--because the crime had already been committed before they came to me.  Several others I've wanted badly to fit with scopes, but couldn't bring myself to vandalize them.   

Ample mounting space on Stevens barrels, if you forget (as I do) the 7.2" spacing recommended for 1 MOA adjustments.

IP Logged

HALO68

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Redsetter, I have know idea what a .22 High power Savage is,  for that matter i don't know much about the center fire rifles. I have a sight like the one on your rifle but not a Win. it say's Marble and some old dates also have another scope like the ones in the above pic. but made buy a company called Fecker 10power. Do i make the pictures smaller with my camera or does the web site have something. 
                         Thanks all
                          Waltjr.

IP Logged

coljimmy
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
There is an old 228367-60 gr. on ebay right now.  A 22 HP mold that casts .228 or more.  May not be too long? for 22wrf??  ZA pointed bullet but should work for you.

My 22wcf Ideal #1 tool came in today, an uncommon tool, so am going to fabricate some missles tonite.  I had bought a Winchester 5th type mold in December, but the post office lost it for me.%*&^@#+.

James

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint