Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Questions about a High Wall (Read 9998 times)
40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Re: Questions about a High Wall
Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Timber 
If you are interested in shooting this rifle as it was meant to be used I urge you to get Randy Wright’s book Loading and Shooting Traditional Schuetzen Rifles, A Beginners Guide. You can get it from the ASSRA by contacting the Archives or you can order it from the Black Powder Rifle News. This book will tell you what you will need to know to shoot this rifle. It is well written and contains lots of illustrations to show you how.
     Fitz is right about lead only use known lead / tin alloys. Save wheelweights, linotype and other alloys that contain Antimony for pistols.

40 Rod 

IP Logged

Timber
Participating Member

Re: Questions about a High Wall
Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Fitz-G and 40_Rod:

Thanks to you both.

Right now, I'm a base of the bullet shaving fool with my out-of-round case mouths (and I quit wasting lead and powder until I can get the correct die).  But at least I have the "majic gun-powder" (IMR 4227)!   

A little at a time...

Thanks all for leaving bread crumbs for the trail to make as small of a hole as possible (with lots of little holes) on the target!

Be a while before I can get out to shoot anyways.  I've been restoring an old wood-and-canvas canoe this winter, just started cutting and skinning logs for a primitive log cabin shack (its a bucket list thing before I'm too old to tote the logs), and need to get out and scare some squirrels with the flintlock before the seaason ends!

Yes Sirs; I'll leave the wheel weights in the bucket for something else; thanks again for saving me from future red-neck-ism with the High Wall!  LOL! 

Y'all are great, thanks again.
Smiley
Timber

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint