Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) OPOINIONS OF THE MARTINI ACTION (Read 17142 times)
GeorgeC
Oldtimer

ASSRA 11411

Re: OPOINIONS OF THE MARTINI ACTION
Reply #30 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
ledball wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 1:00pm:
The lever on the BSA INT is truly ugly but, have you ever looked at the lever on a De haas  Miller. Ledball

Nice looking.  Looks like the lever on a Hoch action.

Never mind the mule. Just load the wagon.
IP Logged

Aussie_Hunter

Reply #31 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
To JHM, you may be confusing me with Bad Ass Wallace who lives near me here in Queensland, I don't have 43 of them only seven and yes they are in my gun safe, whereas BAWallace has a large collection and I think the term vault is probably appropriate. In a nut shell our gun laws in Australia require you to have a licence and get prior approval before each purchase, and you need to justify that purchase, hunting and or target shooting, or collecting. Handguns are a bit more difficult but if you comply with the system not really a problem. Hope this helps you a bit. David A.

IP Logged

Bad_Ass_Wallace

Reply #32 - Dec 17th, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Australian  Gun Laws

The Government acknowledges the danger Golf Clubs pose to the community and wishes to reduce harm by these deadly weapons, therefore we will be bringing in new legislation to protect the public.

Starting next month we will be introducing a Golfers Licence and Golf Club registration system.

Members of the public who wish to apply for a Golfers Licence must join an approved Golf Club, after providing 2 character references from people who are not relatives and have known you for more than twelve months. The applicants must consent to a police background check and pay the annual fee nominated by your club.

Applicants must complete an approved Golfing Safety Course at their own cost $200, and be a member of a club for at least 6 months before applying for their Golfing Licence. During this time they are obviously not allowed to own their own clubs.

Applicants must also meet the required storage requirements for golf clubs, which is a solid steel container that is bolted to the structural framework of a building (good luck getting that one past your landlord) or a solid steel container weighing more than 150kg. If the licence application is successful this storage facility will be regularly inspected by police. Licensed Golfers must store all golf balls separate to their golf clubs. Any person caught storing golf balls with their golf clubs will be charged with an offence and have their licence revoked.

On submitting all the relevant documents to the licensing dept applicants must also provide fees of $97 for the application and $210 for the five year licence.

If the applicant is successful in their licence application they will be allowed to apply for a permit to acquire a Golf Club. As the new golf club registration system will cost money to administer there will be a fee of approximately $37 for each permit application. If the Golfer wishes to buy a club from another Golfer rather than a licensed golf club dealer they must have the sale brokered through a dealer and pay the dealer a $16 fee. These permits are expected to take approximately 6 weeks to process, this 6 weeks will not be included in the mandatory 28 day cooling off period, therefore Golfers can select a club they wish to purchase and be golfing with it within 3 months.

In the first 12 months of having a Golfers licence, the Golfer is permitted to own 1 putter (cat A) and 1 wedge (cat B) or 1 putter (cat A) and 1 iron (cat C).

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!

IP Logged

Bad_Ass_Wallace

Reply #33 - Dec 17th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
(Continued)

A wood is considered a prohibited club and must be sold back to the government for a price the government has nominated.

In order to maintain their Golfers Licence, Golfers must complete a minimum of six club attendances per year, these attendances must all be competitions organised by your club. Golfers who hold more than 1 category of club must complete at least four club attendances per category of club they own, at least six attendances must be competitions organised by you club the remainder may be practice sessions. Golfers who fail to meet the required number of attendances per year will be asked to show cause why their licence should not be cancelled and their clubs confiscated by police.

The new legislation will also place a maximum on the number of balls that may be stored in a ball bucket at any 1 time. Ball buckets must be of a size so as not to allow more than 10 balls to be hit before refilling the bucket. Golfers are reminded that these changes are to make the community safer and not to inconvenience golfers.

Footnote;
If this all sounds a bit ridiculous to you, spare a thought for the farmers and recreational licensed shooters who jump through more hoops than a circus dog to enjoy their sport and only get a good headline when they win an Olympic Gold Medal. In Queensland we have a wild dog problem costing agriculture $64M, but successions of both state and federal governments continue to squeeze the shooters into oblivion.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!

IP Logged

TWOGUNS

Reply #34 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Martinis , first time i ever saw one was about 45 years ago when we mustered up the courage to ask my father ''could we have a look at his guns '' ,where my older brother would unlock the holy of holies  and he would show them to us ,three were martinis, a Sportco 22  ,a Greener GP gun 12 guage he bought brand new [my father told me years later, my mother wasnt happy about this purchase, but put his foot down and bought it ] and a cut down 310   
,i thought right back then they were a clever design and ingenious ,have had several 310s and one Greener GP that was colour case hardened and looked real good ,another ''should have kept it '' ,the only thing i dont like about them, is cleaning them ,you can have a gunsmith drill the rear of the receiver to make this easier ,this can be a pain or not  depends  on the owner ,my father bought another and had it converted to 22 magnum with the original full cadet stock and i really like it ! i will always have one

IP Logged

TWOGUNS

Reply #35 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 12:35am
Print Post  
PS had a larger Martini on 303/25 had a home made stock ,made from i dont know what wood ,but great old rifle ,rough old scope mounts ,and lever ,good old rifle would like to put another together some day !

IP Logged

Rayzor450-400

Reply #36 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
That is one super sweet cadet Singleshotsam..  Would love to have that with one of the old straight tube Zeiss scopes on it.

IP Logged

ClaDyk

Reply #37 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I love the BSA's!  Have 2: a Model 12 restocked with English Walnut, and a Model 12/15 rebarreled, restocked in English Walnut, and color-cased by Curt.  The original BSA barrel is very accurate, and the Shilen barreled 12/15 is among the most accurate .22's I have.

Clarence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint