Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need Stevens ID (Read 2612 times)
Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Need Stevens ID
Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
What is it?
Any value?
Thanks!

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Need Stevens ID
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Value:  Lots.

It's a Stevens Sure Shot, one of the earliest and rarest of the kids' rifles they made.

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Winchester once made "diamond-grade" M. '97s & '12s, but Stevens?

IP Logged

Bill Lawrence
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
While you serious shooters can chuckle all you want - the "diamond" is, of course, an all-too-common stock repair - the Stevens "Sure Shot" is indeed very highly desired among those who collect Stevens and boys' rifles, among others.  And while it's especially dangerous to judge from such an abbreviated photo, if the rest of the gun is as good as the plating and barrel bluing suggest AND if the extractor works and has not been repaired/replaced/modified, I'd lowball your little rifle at more or less $1000.

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
another pic

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Definitely valuable. Only made for a short time. Not a very tough gun. Standard velocity ammo only. I shoot mine but not much. Action is weak. Looks like a nice one. Hard to find one at all and harder to find one in that good shape. I passed on a rough one many years go that was cheap but rough. Finally found a nice one several years back and it was not cheap. Prices keep going up on the rare ones. The diamond on the stock is not factory but as nice as the gun is I don't think it hurts the price at all. There is currently one on Gunbroker with a $1200 minimum bid. It has been refinished and has initials carved in the stock. Also some history in the description.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:32pm by slumlord44 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint