Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 200 Yard Record? (Read 22729 times)
40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Re: 200 Yard Record?
Reply #45 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
All the other 200-yard Benchrest matches that may be shot for Match Records at Affiliated Clubs are single-entry matches that are shot only once each year.[/color] I am sorry to say that Marty is wrong or is referring to the Postal matches that he administrates. I will give two examples the 10-shot score match and the 5-shot group match are shot at every centerfire match  (3) and are re-entry matches.
The ASSRA is trying hard not to be the federal government in regard to match programs. You may schedule any match you wish at any regular club shoot and if you score a record you may send it in to be entered as a record. If you shoot a 250 on10-shot score target and keep to the rules for that match weather you call it a “Schoyen Match” or the “Old Jim Match” for a particularly loved member you have qualified for a record.

40 Rod

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #46 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
  OK, I've been studying and here's what I come up with. Marty Stenbeck has it right; the 100yd Bartlett is single entry. It says so in both the listing for the "National Match Records" and the "ASSRA Match Records" ( time of year is not specified).
  My sincere apology to John Louis and any others I have offended or stressed by my ignorance. Embarrassed

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Holy Crap! Frank the Bartlett match is the Bartlett match whether its shot at 200 or 100yds. the same rules still apply! Come on is it really that hard for you to simply figure out on your own? 

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff thank you so very much for taking the time to provide a clear clarification of the rule and there is no apology required on my behalf as I simply appreciate your doing so for the benefit of the entire ASSRA membership.

If you would now take the time to clarify if the 10 Shot Group and Rowland match are also both single entry matches as outlined by the current rules and were also stated by Marty as being a once in a year opportunity for one to set a new ASSRA record. Please also clarify the 200yd. Bartlett also a single entry.

I would also urge John Mertz to hold back any further comments about Marty being wrong of which are still not quite understanable as what Marty stated did not have anything to do with the postal matches. That point of not being so was perfectly clear in Marty's corrospondence with Jan Pritchard the match director at the time as well as the questions I was also asking on my own at that same point in time.

Yours Sincerely
John Louis
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:02pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
John M I do not believe Marty was in charge of the postal matches at that point in time when he was outling the specific rules with his corropondence with Jan and myself mine being a separate task of my own accord?

JLouis

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #50 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
  I have a few questions John.
  Who decided the match that this 100yd Bartlett was to be shot at?
  When did they decide that?
  How did they decide what relay to have it on?

IP Logged

shovel80
Oldtimer

Reply #51 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
JackHughs wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:42am:
Hi,

I may regret this post but, then again, it may actually help.

When I was Scheutzenmeister at Modesto, it was part of my job to understand the differences between "ASSRA Match Records" and "ASSRA National Match Records." 

Attached is a memo I put together to help our participants better understand which events were eligible for "ASSRA Match Records" at Modesto.

I hope this helps.

JackHughs   

Thanks for posting this Jan!

Terry

ASSRA Member # 11021
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: 200 Yard Record
Reply #52 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff 
1. I pushed to have it as the Oct. Match could have been my last and only chance for the year but the final decision was not mine to make.

2. That I do not exactly recall Jeff it was something we had talked about for several months leading up to it.' Jan was longer the match director at that point in time and the new match director was still asking detailed questions. In Nov. there was always a chance off heavy fog typical for that time of the ear and or possibly rain canceling that match and our last for the year. We also new in advance Frank was coming to join us in October and that might have played into as well I just don't recall for sure if it did or did not for sure. Frank Elliott, Rick MacHale, Barry Darr and myself shot the record match that day.

3. If I recall right it was the fourth relay 1,2 and 3 were always Irons, AS Bench and 1/4 Bore and at times not always in that specfic order. The fourth of which we no longer have was stablished for rimfire and other 100yd matches while trying to draw an intrest in group shooting or simply for 100Yd. practice. Those not shooting all of those center matches could stay at 200Yds during matches 1,2,3 and 4 shoot re-entry, 5shot 200yd. Group re-entry for a new record or simply practice, due load development or on the forth relay for that match the 100Yd. Barttlett record in question.

I hope that answers your questions Jeff it was to the best of my ability go that far back in time to Oct. 2013.

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #53 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff to keep this seperate from your questions the road to go after the record was a long and challenging one  all though I had been practicing and spending alot of time and effort to reach that goal there were bumps in the road along the way to actualy get the match established for myself and others to shoot. At times reminiscent of the past several discussions and at times just as confusing. It got to the point of time running out for the year so it probably was not quite as organized as could have been but the match director was indeed doing his best.

If you now feel I have lied, cheated or did not play by the specific ASSRA rules to the best of my ability please feel free to take my name and my score out of the ASSRA records books. If it was not earned fairly it has no more meaning to me or reasoning for me to keep it if unearned.

JLouis
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:55pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #54 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 7:10am
Print Post  
John,
  Thanks for the answers. Everything seems "on the square" to me.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #55 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Thank you Jeff and if someone feels he needs to cheat to win he is indeed the real looser and we just do not have room for any them in our group. More importantly the Schuetzen Meister would not have signed off, kept the targets and then submitted them for possible record recognition on my behalf.

Yours Sincerely
John Louis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I hope this brings back the original posts Jeff?

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #57 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much for bringing this thread back to the original intent for which it was posted. I had initially posted this to obtain information for a piece I am going to be writing and want to represent our shooting discipline accurately and not be cast as a charlatan. As it stands now I will be utilizing Jan's group as the accuracy potential for breech seated bullets fired at 200 in comparison to CW's 10 shot group at 200.
With this piece I am attempting to build interest and will be presenting it to shooters outside of the single shot/Schuetzen community.
Thank You,
Scott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint