Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 200 Yard Record? (Read 22710 times)
frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: 200 Yard Record?
Reply #15 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
These are the group records that can ONLY be shot at the Beeson Range.

Rowland Match: Benchrest, 10 shots for group, single entry, annual match (spring)
1.240”    Jeff Schultz        2011

10 Shot Group Match: Benchrest, single entry, annual match (fall)2
.924”        Dale Reynolds        2011    

Benchrest Agg.: 80 shots, 20 shots each day for 4 days (spring & fall)
1992- 73    Dale Reynolds        2011** One measured .656”

The above one was part of a score match and not eligible to be considered for any kind of Group Match. Jan's (pictured), .512  group was also shot on a score target, not a group target, it was witnessed but, not at a match.

All groups, MUST be shot on a group target, 10 shot groups, MUST be shot in either the Spring or Fall to be considered for a record target and MUST be a ASSRA member. CW Rowland wasn't a ASSRA member Smiley

5 shot groups are re-entry and can be shot at anytime but, Must be shot on a group target. The five, 5 shot (both 100 & 200 yard) group match can be shot at anytime and any one of the targets can be considered for the single 5 shot group record.

I hope that clears up the way group records must be shot.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

SgtDog0311
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Evidently light sprinkling is not a big impact:-)

How about records for iron sights.   I have trouble enough with a small bullseye through my MVA eyepiece at 200 yds to be easily impressed.   

Heck at 100yds a 1" group is good for me.

Best Regards,
John

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Sarge- a one inch group is pretty damn good for anybody!

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I stand corrected on the number of times that you can shoot the five, 5 shot group match but, nothing else.

My post was regarding the Beeson Range matches, only. NO ONE can best them, unless they shoot them at Beeson Range. They are a records, unto themself, not available to any other club.

And then there is the postal group matches:

Benchrest, Centerfire, 25 shots:  average 5-shot group, 100 yds.
.276"        Claude Roderick         1976

Benchrest, Centerfire, 50 shot:  average 5-shot groups, 100 yards

.449"         Barry Darr                1974

Frank
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2016 at 4:19pm by frnkeore »  

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
I suppose one could state on the match flyer that any ASSRA Match is available upon request for anyone wanting to try one of the 25 or 50 shot group matches even though they are not and never have been listed at a particular affiliated club, eh?   Roll Eyes  (Or any other record match.)

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
John,
I'm glad to know this Smiley

Quote:
Also there is now such thing as an unofficial 10 shot group record

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
What I was getting at, although what I wrote didn't specifically spell it out, is that records set at Beeson range, can not be broken, unless the better score is also shot at Beeson range. 

JSSS, up coming 50 shot match was put together as a "Specialty Match". I thought everyone knew about Specialty Matches. It's also a aniverary match, not for records but, to reconize it's 30 year history.

It's also what would be termed a "Professional Match" since the prizes are cash money.

BTW, thank's for the compiment?

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
John,  I understand your points but I believe it is equally a responsibility of the shooters to be aware if they want their name in the record book.  As you probably know, sxhuetzenmiesters have enough to do at a match without worring about the record book.

I certainly do not blame the match officials for not listing my records.  The only one I ever thought about was my first 250, but it was ISSA and had already been done a couple years before by Ron Smith at Tacoma.  My others were ASSRA, but record books never crossed my mind.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
I have wondered about that too as I have been trying to shed my responsiblities for quite some time.  My replacement at the club is not a member but I would think the match director needs to be.  Since I still do 90+%, it should not matter to the ASSRA who is responsible to the local club.

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Dale Reynolds has shot the smallest 10-shot group that I know of, but it is on a score target. As the rules stated that in a score match the tightest group is only good for breaking a tie that is the way it is listed. As far as I know the group targets listed are correct. 
  I can’t go back and erase the past, I felt strongly about having record scores from every shooter get the recognition they deserve. The rules were changed to recognize ASSRA records, any ASSRA member can qualify if he breaks a record. All he has to do is submit the target to the clubs coordinator or the ASSRA schuetzenmeister for verification along with the local schuetzenmeister signing the target to signify that the match was shot under ASSRA rules on an ASSRA target. The matches are listed in the rules there is some confusion as local names sometimes crop up what matters is the match rules are followed not what you call the match.
If someone has shot a better target since the rules change and has failed to turn it in for recognition you still have the personal satisfaction of accomplishment.
40 Rod

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The matches are listed in the rules there is some confusion as local names sometimes crop up what matters is the match rules are followed not what you call the match.
If someone has shot a better target since the rules change and has failed to turn it in for recognition you still have the personal satisfaction of accomplishment.
40 Rod

But, the 10 shot group matches, still have to only be shot in the spring and fall to qualify for a 10 shot group record? Is that right? Since the designation where applied at the Spring and Fall EG matches, would a 10 shot group, shot in June, July or August be considered for a record? Or would it be considered as a re-entery type target?

One more thing, since we are talking about records, are there any range distance, requirements. Such as if a range had 200 yard targets but, because of them not being accurately measured when installed, how would that effect quallifing for a record. Say it was suppose to be 200 yards and it turned out to be 190 yards?

Not anyones fault but, it was just accepted for many years and no one though to actually measure the distance.

Is there a yardage tolerance?

Sorry but, I had to ask.

Frank
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2016 at 1:52pm by frnkeore »  

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
But, John, there are the imfamous "Specialty Matches" how do they effect the shooting of records? If you shoot a "Specialty Match" and one of the once or twice a year records matches are part of the Specialty match, does that make a imposible to hold a record match?

How many times can the 100 yard Bartlet match be shot?

Frank

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2016 at 5:13pm by frnkeore »  

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I believe what we are now experiencing is record confusion. We keep track of 2 sets of records the first is the ASSRA Match Records, these are open to any ASSRA member in good standing shooting a target under ASSRA rules. The second are National match records these are records that have been made by ASSRA Members in good standing at one of the three National matches held each year at Beeson’s Range in Etna Green Indiana. 
Because the ASSRA Schuetzenmeister is in attendance at these matches and scores the targets for the matches a target that has qualified for a record can be entered as a National Record signifying that it was shot at one of the Etna Green matches. If it also qualifies as an ASSRA Record than it is also entered on that list.
Just because at Etna Green matches we only have two shoulder-to-shoulder ten shot group matches a year does now preclude any local club from having a ten shot group match at every match they held. If someone beat the current 10 shot group record and submitted the target than he would be entered as the new ASSRA record holder.

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
  Thank you 40Rod. Smiley Smiley

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2016 at 6:13pm
Print Post  

J Louis, You need to calm down, take a deep breath, and explain what you wrote.
I have no idea what you mean.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint