Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New member signing in (Read 8778 times)
Ram Hammer

New member signing in
Jul 1st, 2016 at 12:28am
Print Post  
New to the forum, long time single shot fan. Have some #1's, high walls, a CPA Stevens and a Ballard.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2016 at 2:05am by Ram Hammer »  

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: New member signing in
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Your off to a good start! Some pictures are in order.......

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Holy smoke you are off to a good start!

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Very nice indeed.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Welcome. Nice start. You could use a few more Stevens though.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Welcome aboard!   Don't get into a habit of buying single shots.  Too easy for it to become an addiction  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Ram Hammer - with a nice collection such as yours, have to ask: Are You an ASSRA Member?

IP Logged

Ram Hammer

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 8:24am
Print Post  
slumlord44 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:06am:
Welcome. Nice start. You could use a few more Stevens though.

I do have a Stevens 44 that started out as a 25-20. Some knucklehead opened it up to 25-35 Win. I'm prolly going to send it to CPA to put it back to original.

IP Logged

Ram Hammer

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ram Hammer - with a nice collection such as yours, have to ask: Are You an ASSRA Member?

No, I'm not. Need to change that, I reckon.

IP Logged

derrickman

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2016 at 4:45pm
Print Post  

John Boy, you might want to be a bit more discriminating. I'd hate to see the quality of the ASSRA membership drastically diluted by the addition of a certain individual.
It is a known fact that RH scrounges around for years collecting die sets, obsolete brass, shell holders, scope mounts & bullets years before he even finds a rifle for the components. This is backwards from the way most of us operate.
He consistently shoots his buck on opening morning deer season then spends the remainder of the season drinking single malt scotch, smoking Dominican cigars & giving out free hunting advice.
At BPCR matches he refers to his spotter as "Cross Eyed Pete" while he himself has an Excel spreadsheet of excuses why he missed that shot. 
The list goes on; when he moved into his neighborhood, a lot of the minorities left.
Grin

IP Logged

Ram Hammer

Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:21am
Print Post  
derrickman wrote on Jul 5th, 2016 at 4:45pm:

John Boy, you might want to be a bit more discriminating. I'd hate to see the quality of the ASSRA membership drastically diluted by the addition of a certain individual.
It is a known fact that RH scrounges around for years collecting die sets, obsolete brass, shell holders, scope mounts & bullets years before he even finds a rifle for the components. This is backwards from the way most of us operate.
He consistently shoots his buck on opening morning deer season then spends the remainder of the season drinking single malt scotch, smoking Dominican cigars & giving out free hunting advice.
At BPCR matches he refers to his spotter as "Cross Eyed Pete" while he himself has an Excel spreadsheet of excuses why he missed that shot. 
The list goes on; when he moved into his neighborhood, a lot of the minorities left.
Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I'm proud to say that it is all true.  However, cross-eyed Pete failed to mention that he contributed to half of the spreadsheet of excuses Grin  I think "gravity sump" is his favorite Grin
I expect that this admission will qualify me for honorary membership in the ASSRA!  But I'll join legitimately and pay my way.  

Now, Pete on the other hand, buys a rifle and starts hitting up all his buddies for brass and dies since he fails to prepare for the inevitable.  It is better to buy that set of Mashburn Bee dies in the pawn shop and then start looking for a rifle.  Trust me!!!
He is also as fickle as a highschool girl at a frat party!  Every rifle he owns has had at least 4 barrels!  Claims he is doing his part to stimulate the ecconomy!   
Gentlemen,
I'm afraid Pete and I may both join ASSRA,  I hope you are ready for us Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2016 at 12:31pm by Ram Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ram Hammer

Reply #11 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
jhm wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 6:28am:
Your off to a good start! Some pictures are in order.......

Well I have a few minutes to get back to the rifles.....
The first one on the left is a Winchester Highwall.  Somewhere in time it was converted to a 219 Donaldson Wasp.  That is what made me buy it in the first place.  However, when I got it home, I discovered that it had been rechamberred to 225 Winchester but the barrel markings were never corrected.  I wasn't too happy about that since I had already invested in 219 dies and brass!  The good news is I had a set of 225 dies lying around.   Roll Eyes Keep your comments to yourself Cross-eyed Pete!  It came with a Lyman Super Target Spot 20X.  I've since converted it to accomodate a conventional scope.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Ram Hammer wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:21am:

I expect that this admission will qualify me for honorary membership in the ASSRA!  But I'll join legitimately and pay my way.  

.................. It is better to buy that set of Mashburn Bee dies in the pawn shop and then start looking for a rifle.  Trust me!!!
I'm afraid Pete and I may both join ASSRA,  I hope you are ready for us Wink

Welcome to ASSRA!

I know that feeling well. I won a cleaning rod at match so I built a rifle to fit it  Grin  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Hammer, I have the Mauser equivalent of that exact stock on a .280 Imp that I built. Same shapes on grip, rollover cheek, and forend tip. Even the wood and color is the same. I always figured it for a '50s-early 60's deal. 
While comfortable to shoot, it's not very fashionable, is it? I don't know if I'm pleased to see it, or just amazed that it showed up here. Welcome to the joint, we'll enjoy you I think. Wink

IP Logged

Ram Hammer

Reply #14 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
calledflyer wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 2:06pm:
Hammer, I have the Mauser equivalent of that exact stock on a .280 Imp that I built. Same shapes on grip, rollover cheek, and forend tip. Even the wood and color is the same. I always figured it for a '50s-early 60's deal. 
While comfortable to shoot, it's not very fashionable, is it? I don't know if I'm pleased to see it, or just amazed that it showed up here. Welcome to the joint, we'll enjoy you I think. Wink

The plastic butplate on this rifle is a Fajen.  I'm pretty sure the wood is Fajen as well.  They sold a boat load of this style Post WWII.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint