Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 5,6&7. (Read 729 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Modesto Rifle Club ISSA Regional May 5,6&7.
Reply #15 - May 10th, 2016 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I might also add that the top three in all the events they shot were using Traditional or Traditional Rifles by design that being myself only. The Grand Aggregate winner was not only using a Traditional Rifle it was chambered in 25-20SS and shot in all the events. I must also apologize for not pointing out those individuals who received the Traditional Class awards / metal for placing in the top three of their respective events. I should have taken the time to do so and have no excuse for not doing so. Those gentleman are indeed keeping the History alive and well and I take my hat off to all of them. The best any sight BR Target posted was shot by Bruce Kirby using a Traditional 32-40 Darr Ballard 16 Twist with a 249-9 and one could not have come closer to a 250 as the one out shot was just a few thousandths from being in and a remarkable feat in the conditions being presented as they were not easy to say the least.

JLouis
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 7:27pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #16 - May 10th, 2016 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing what you guys are doing. I really hope to make it out your way sometime to shoot with all of you. I've heard you have something really good going on in Modesto Smiley
Scott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - May 10th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
You are very welcome and I can't wait to meet you our group is very user friendly and no secrets to success are ever with held. PM me if you plan to head this way!

JLouis

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #18 - May 10th, 2016 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
No problem I'll contact you for sure. I have to find good places to eat and such. Also if you head out this way look me up. I always like talkin' shooting and whatever comes up Smiley
Scott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

PORK AND BEANS

Reply #19 - May 11th, 2016 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
John, I don't think anyone commented on Jerry H. shooting a remarkable 249 iron sight bench score. I sure it's much more than the hair.
Rich

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - May 11th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Rich you are so right and I apologize for not mentioning it and to do it with a 25WCF in unpleasant conditions is truly a remarkable feat. It won't be long until he shoots a 250 with Iron Sights and the sooner the better in my book as no one deserves it more. His dedication to reach his goals is unsurpassed by most and when that day comes it won't be based on luck but hard earned and extremely well deserving.

JLouis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint