Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 7mm No5 rolling block (Read 1996 times)
Fazer

7mm No5 rolling block
May 7th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
I have decided I need one. One of the military ones.

I have seen doggy ones around lately, now that I am after one, but I am looking for a nice conditioned one. Just not sure what the going rate would be for that, if I do find one. Either rifle or carbine. I know there will be a difference in price. 

Can any one give me a ball park figure on where to start.

Thanks

IP Logged

sureshot
Senior Forum Member

Re: 7mm No5 rolling block
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2016 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
There is a nice one for sale here;

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Steve   Smiley

IP Logged

George Babits
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
The best way to get a good idea of prices is to use the advanced search on GunBroker and do a search for ones that have actually sold.

I have a really nice un modified rifle I've been thinking of selling, but I wouldn't sell it for less than $1200 and that is probably a lot more than they are actually going for these days.  Even have the bayonet with it.

George
Salmon, Idaho

IP Logged

Fazer

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2016 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
The best way to get a good idea of prices is to use the advanced search on GunBroker and do a search for ones that have actually sold.

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a look. Not a lot selling, a bunch or relists. Most below what I am look for. Just have to keep an eye out.

IP Logged

George Babits
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
When you say "below what I am looking for" do you mean condition or price?    As you go through the "ended auctions" just look at the ones which actually sold.   I looked at the one Goodman has and the price seems a bit high, but if the bore is "excellent" as he says it might be about right.  The wood looks a bit rough where it meets the metal.   

I would rate wood on on the one I have as better than Goodman's, but I would call my bore "dark with good rifling."  Still shoots great and that is what matters to me.   

I have both a rifle and a carbine and they both shoot better than I can with the open sights.  It seems the 7mm, like the 30-30, seem to shoot pretty well even with the "dark" bores.  Guess that is why I have hung onto these two.  There are plenty of them around, so keep looking.

George

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint