Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mann Targets who still uses them? (Read 5271 times)
westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Re: Mann Targets who still uses them?
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
The honor targets in Germany do have important people painted on them. One is not supposed to shoot the honored person. 

On the Frank Zika target, well, the Germans would understand for sure.

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:19am
Print Post  
One of the things I like about going to different clubs is shooting the various “Special matches” Davenport still shoots the traditional Man Target, Black Wolf used to shoot The Chief Oshkosh target, and a goose target. It helps the local clubs to keep up local traditions and keep history alive. 
  On a different note I am sick to death of political correctness and the liberal scolds who hand it out like it was gospel. These people already hate us because we derive pleasure from shooting. It is an attempt to censor us with peer pressure. Well here is a message for them I’m going to shoot those traditional targets to keep the memory alive of when America was free. Don’t like it go to your magical safe zone where my micro aggressions can’t get in and have a good cry.

40 Rod 

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
It looks like to me that the current ASSRA is thankfully pretty un-PC, of course the Germans are now our staunch allies (LOL)    I'd happily shoot a Mann-type target.      (Although some of the more blatant, ethnic- racial- political cartoonish human target I see for sale at some shops and one some of  the zip-zap gun oriented ranges might not fit in well with the ASSRA tradition)    

JOE,  Interesting that in the "old country" shooting the honoree on an honor target is in bad taste, was it always thus?   I wonder how and when we went the other way.    I know we have a well shot-up "honor" target for Norm Lammers hanging in the EG clubhouse
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:00pm by QuestionableMaynard8130 »  

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Maybe Biggi will comment on that soon. I notice many old targets in Germany have a separate aiming point. Political correctness didn't exist then. They shot at the target not the person. 

The Frank Zika target on the other hand, where Frank is obviously open game, well Frank got shot. I love that target. 

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
He would have too,  and his surviving spouse approved the gesture whole heartedly.   I under stand she now has the original target framed in the house-------but I don't know where  Grin

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

feuerbixler
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  

In the old days, when Bavaria was still a kingdom (and Germany had a Kaiser), they usually never shot on targets where a person of the royal family was shown.

They had targets with members of the royal family on it, but the match was held on a papercard-target. Finally they made the lettering with the name of the winner onto the target.

Biggi.  Smiley

Questions in old German target rifles??? Hhhmm, maybe I can help...
...meanwhile more than 500 quality posts from Bavaria!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint