Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tell me the best way to clean my barrel (Read 8787 times)
oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Tell me the best way to clean my barrel
Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Butch's Black Powder Bore Shine. 3 or 4 wet patches after the match and you are done if you've damp (emphasize just damp) patched (1 damp no dry necessary) between shots with NAPA water soluble cutting oil 1 to 6 with water and bore mopped to dry the chamber.

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2016 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Well, nobody's mentioned it yet, so I guess I'll have to:  Antifreeze makes a good cleaner for black powder bores.  Diluted about 4:1 of course.

<div class=

IP Logged

Pentz
Senior Forum Member

Funf und Zwanzig mit den
Hut

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:03am
Print Post  
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned teaching one's wife or SO the proper way and having HER do it for you.... Roll Eyes

ASSRA Member Yoostabe # 11497

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Every shooter has at least 2 ways.  Surprisingly, they all work pretty well
Agree and I've used several also until ... the legendary original formula muzzle loader Shooting Patch Lubricant & Bore Cleaner - Lehigh Valley Lubricant came back on the market! It was the patch cleaner used by serious ML shooter for years until one of the patent owners died and it was not produced any longer.  But it is back and is the Best of the Best 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I use it exclusively at the range since it's re-availability because I am primarily a BPCR shooter.  Then when the long arm is put back in the the safe, a cotton ball in the bore & wipe down of Eezox ... (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Here is an example of the foul control after one cotton ball of LVL - then 50 consecutive 38-55 rounds shot with no patching then one cotton ball of LVL - then 3 dry 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cmargs

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Best Thing, equal portions, alcohol, peroxide, murphys oil soap. scrub bore, finish with pure FP-10. That's all any of my BP rifles have ever seen. worked for many years. cmargs.  Oh yes, store in dark bottle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint