Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Frontglobe Insert for Silhoutte Targets (Read 6666 times)
boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Frontglobe Insert for Silhoutte Targets
Reply #15 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
If I could see better would never miss a  offhand target. Younger my Eyesight was much better but did not know how to hold the gun.

Wonder were the happy medium was ? No matter it's past now !

Boats

IP Logged

Rolling45-70
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
as i wrote before i have had taken two pics from my "Bucket Target"
Due to the fact that we use an electronical Target i have to tape the Paper Bucket on the Backstop, but could not change them often, without to disturb my shooting buddies. That`s the reason why a lot of bullet impacts on the Target .

The Bullet holes below the Bucket are before i have had adjust the rearsight right for the aperture front. Impacts left and right are a result of twiggle and the attempt to centric the Aperture around the Bucket.
For the first attempt i hit for 8 times only in the Black.
The ragged hole at the center black are 10 Rounds after changing the Aperture to Post Front and use a six oClock hold.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

the same are done a week before

The Bucket covers the 10 and 9 Circle on a regular Target.
Example Target

What i would say is that if i use a regular Bullseye Target with a Aperture Front all Bullet Impacts are not bad because it covers the 8 Circle as maximum outside but on the Bucket or a Chicken it called a miss

seems that the Post are the better choice for me

Klaus Smiley

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Lighting makes a big difference. I noticed after cataract surgery, every shot hit the rams on the shoulder in calm, overcast conditions.  As soon and the sun  peeked  out, the group was larger than the ram with an average of 20% hits  Cry

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Rolling your results mirror mine on irregular silhouette targets. Post = smaller groups.

I found after cataract surgery I could focus much better but became very sensitive to bright light. I have a hard time driving in bright sunlight without polarized sun glasses. shooting I spin the rear adjustable aperture many times in a match. Check it every single shot if light is changing.

Boats

IP Logged

GeorgeC
Oldtimer

ASSRA 11411

Reply #19 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Boats, I had cataract surgery 6 yrs. ago and as time passes my eyes become more sensitive to bright light. Can't go outside without a pair of sun glasses on, even on light overcast days.  Leaning more to scoping all my shooters.

Never mind the mule. Just load the wagon.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint