Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Targets with black bull (Read 2127 times)
Bob_S

Targets with black bull
Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Does anyone make the ring target with a BLACK bull for iron sights?   Red just does not work well with my eyes.

Respectfully,
Bob S.

USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Targets with black bull
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Bob_S
Check out your latest copy, or any copy, of the ASSRA Single Shot Rifle Journal. There is an ad in every issue selling ASSRA targets - both 100 and 200 yard sizes with black bull.
Also go to the Announcements section of this forum, top of the screen in Important Topics.

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

jfeldman
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I'm in the same boat as you, Bob.  The black target makes for a much better sight picture.  Only problem is finding where that last shot went!  Much easier for me to find on the red target.  6 of one..............................

Regards, Joe

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Joe is correct and all though you can see the Black Bull allot better there are times one cannot find his bullet holes. This problem is very typical at our range as we always tend to heavy mirage and on some days finding them in the red can be challenging.

You can get the Iron Sight targets red on one side and black on the other.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Bob_S

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Seeing bullet holes in the black can be difficult if the targets aren't properly backlit.   I learned this at Camp Perry decades ago ... the backstop is Lake Erie, and .30 cal holes in the black at 300 yards light up like little LEDs.  For those of us who have to live with earthen embankments for backstops, hanging a white sheet a foot or more behind the target is almost as good.  In desperation on public ranges, I have stuck one of those Shoot'nSee bulls onto the front of one target, and stapled that over a second target. You can see your holes (as long as you stay on the black!); you just remove the top target to score.

Thank you all for your help.  I've been out of circulation for awhile, so I need to renew my membership and then purchase some of the double sided targets.  Speaking of double sided ... years ago at Old Colony, Sam Anderson used to print the 200 yard ring targets on the back of wall paper remnants! 

Respectfully,
Bob S.

USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

IP Logged

rgchristensen
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
    The red bullseyes are like trying to draw a bead on the SUN!   I have had good success shooting at them with a pin-head front.

CHRIS
RGChristensen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint