Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tube Sight Mounts Lyman Clones (Read 1078 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Tube Sight Mounts Lyman Clones
Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
For those of you wanting to build a Tube Sight but coming up with a set of mounts is holding you back. I just recently modified one of my old Tube sights for a friend and he picked up a set of Lyman clones from Leatherwood Hi Lux Optics to try. We were not expecting much as the past reports have not been very positive in the least! These mounts are made out of steel and this set came minus any markings of origin and they do have positive clicks. The cost for the set to his door was 307.00 plus change and it also included a set of Unertl style bases which typicaly go for $30.00. After a little de-burring on my part and adjustment to the screw that tensions the thimbles I was able to acheive positive movement on the dial indicactor per click. The tube sight was mounted on a rifle held in a padded vise with the indicator located at the end of the tube. With the special treatment given after the purchase they were working as good or better than a used set of mounts or possibly a new set for that matter. The stop with the set had a short Pope rib attached to it that needs to be cut off and an 1/8 inch / approx. square slot needs to filed in the top of it to fit an existing rib. The mounts come with the L shaped pieces that ride on the tube as per some of Lymans and they have to be in place for the clicks to work. Myself and those who checked them out at the next match after the installation were and still are quite impressed. Not knowing if the quality and the additional work required is the same and very minor on all thier sets and if so they are well worth the money spent and you cannot tell the differance from a set of Lymans without close inspection.

On another note I have one 30" tube sight left ready to go minus the mounts and front and rear apertures for $320.00 plus shipping and do to low demand at the present time I am not sure if I will be making any more?
For more information on the tube sight, amount baffels installed, drill and tapping for arpretures, pictures etc. email me at johnlouis123@att.net.

I hope this information is helpfull to those wanting to buy or build thier own tube sight for competitive use.

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Tube Sight Mounts Lyman Clones
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Leatherwood Lyman Hi-Lux Optics Clones mounted on friends tube sight.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is a picture of the 30" tube sight mounted on my 28-35 that I have for sale for picture purposes minus the apretures and mounts, this is the one I currenty use on my 28-35 in ASSRA Iron Sight competition.

And a picture of one of the 247's I shot last year in one of our monthly ASSRA Iron Sight Matches with the tube sight on my 28-35 that I built from the action up that I have used in our monthly matches for the past one and a half years

JLouis
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 10:17pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint