Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New .22 BPCRA website has now gone Live!!! (Read 4744 times)
majorfs45

New .22 BPCRA website has now gone Live!!!
Mar 14th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Great news!  As promised the .22 BPCRA has a new and improved website for visitors and members to go visit.  If you are just visiting and wish to look at forum topics, you do not have to register.  If you would like to post and reply to threads, you will have to re-register for a new password to post.  We think you will find the site is more user friendly now with a very update look.  Please go visit and take a look and let us know how you like it.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);      (instead of (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links))

****This is where you can download an entry form for the     2016 .22 BPCRA Championship in Raton, New Mexico.
     We have already received over 35 entries already!

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Re: New .22 BPCRA website has now gone Live!!!
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Well that explains the national .22 rimfire ammo shortage!  Angry

Joe.  Tongue

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

majorfs45

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Funny, I click on the link on your reply and it took me straight there.   Try typing it in.

We do try to shoot our fair share of the better quality .22 LR Ammo, but it was not our doing in the shortage. lol

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
.22 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Association
( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links))

Believe there is a misnomer in existence ... there is not anyone shooting 22 rimfires charged with black powder at Raton!  Smokeless rounds - Yes, but only 3 individuals including myself that shoot 22LR black powder rounds for fun or matches  Smiley

IP Logged

Smoke
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
I wish the BPCR shooters could get together with the schuetzen folke and go lean on the Whittington managment so we could get the matches either back to back or overlapping in some fashion.  We're both losing because too many people have to choose which match to attend.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Smoke wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 9:38pm:
I wish the BPCR shooters could get together with the schuetzen folke and go lean on the Whittington managment so we could get the matches either back to back or overlapping in some fashion.  We're both losing because too many people have to choose which match to attend. 

They were back to back in 1999.  I shot ISSA, BPCR Silly-wets, LR target rifle and mid range target rifle.  I still have not recovered.  Yes, you can have too much fun  Grin

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
This summer is the "time to speak" at Raton if you want the matches scheduled back-to-back. The NRA & WC have committed to putting the .22BPCR, BPCR & BPTR together for the next 5yr+ during the same weeks each August. Supposed to be a 'shooters meeting' at this years Nationals to determine what the shooters want and then get it cast in stone. Think there will be some effort to get the CLA silhouette shooters in line with the new dates for the same reason, so best have some Schuetzen shooters there for some input, as well. With all us "old rifle" shooters wanting what we want, it will be difficult to put together a schedule that makes everyone happy.

.22LR target ammo seems to be in stock at most the usual places. As always with a manufactured (notice I did not say manufacturing) shortage, the price is up.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

waterman
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I tried to look at Forum topics, but the entry logic was circular.  I'm not one of the anointed.  Does not appear to be very visitor friendly.

IP Logged

Smoke
Oldtimer

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:30am
Print Post  
SSShooter wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 8:54am:
This summer is the "time to speak" at Raton if you want the matches scheduled back-to-back. ... best have some Schuetzen shooters there for some input, as well.

If someone can get me the date of the shooter's meeting I'll see what I can do to arrange for someone to show up.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Smoke wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:30am:
SSShooter wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 8:54am:
This summer is the "time to speak" at Raton if you want the matches scheduled back-to-back. ... best have some Schuetzen shooters there for some input, as well.

If someone can get me the date of the shooter's meeting I'll see what I can do to arrange for someone to show up. 

Here is the schedule for the BPTR/BPCR matches. If I'm reading it correctly, the competitors meeting is Wed, July 20th.
Monday, 18 July: Registration (BPCR/BPTR), Chronographing for target rifles and Practice on both ranges
Tuesday, 19 July:
• Silhouette - Scope, Mid-Range – Position
Wednesday, 20 July:
• Silhouette – Scope, Mid-Range – Position
• Competitors meeting after the matches.
Thursday – 21 July:
• Silhouette – Iron, Mid-Range – Prone
Friday, 22 July:
• Silhouette – Iron, Mid-Range – Prone
• Friday evening will be awards and Sponsor drawings for all attendees. You must be in attendance for the drawings.
Saturday, 23:
• Creedmoor
Sunday, 24 July:
• Creedmoor
• Awards for Creedmoor and Iron Man after the match.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Smoke
Oldtimer

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:16am
Print Post  
We have a couple of people local to Raton who shoot with us.  Let me see if I can get one or both of them to show up.  (I  think one even shoots BPCR silhouette).

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint