Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Les Hanson has passed away (Read 1742 times)
gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Les Hanson has passed away
Mar 10th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Light night I called the home of my friend Les Hanson who has been fighting cancer for a while.  I hadn't talked with him for a few weeks as I've been so busy preparing for a big long range match.  I found that he'd passed away not too long after we last spoke.

There are a lot of guys who knew him better than I did, but I am proud to have been considered a friend for the few years I knew him.   

He was a very knowledgeable shooter particularly with respect to single shot rifles and muzzleloaders.  He was also a talented gunsmith, and all around great guy.  He was a no B.S. sort of fellow, but also one of the funniest people I've ever met.   

I remember the first time I hung out with him.  It was at my first silhouette match and it was a little after 5 in the morning.  The entire camp ground was quiet, everyone asleep, except one camp that was filled with howling laughter.  I walked over and was welcomed into camp by Les the groups ringleader  Grin.   I think I laughed more times just that morning than in the whole year before. 

That was the first of a lot of good times at his camp or just talking about schuetzen, silhouette, black powder target shooting, and any number of other topics.

Our Kamloops matches just won't be the same without him.   

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Chris.

IP Logged

LONG RANGE
Senior Forum Member

Re: Les Hanson has passed away
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
To use one of the few worthwhile quotes from the Koran,[He deserves paradise who makes his comrades laugh]. I would have loved to have known this man. We can ill afford to loose his kind.

IP Logged

gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Les Hanson has passed away
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
It was a good place to hang out for sure.  Even if we never got around to shooting I would have more than got my value for the match fees just hanging out.  Dave it's good that you got to meet him.  He was a heck of a guy.

Chris.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint