Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FFL required shipping (Read 7320 times)
slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: FFL required shipping
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I also never loan out a gun in most circumstances. I will however let others shoot my guns when I am with them. Technically a violation the way I read it. Thankfully Illinois is not quite that bad yet but the day is not over yet. The intent seems to make possession of any gun a crime or at the least to make things so difficult and complicated that most people will just quit owning guns.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 6:22pm:

Very good question, and from what I understand one that many law enforcement personnel are also having trouble with the new Washington law. Most police departments have stated they have such a confusing law that they're stumped on how to enforce it, and wont even try.
When it was first presented, many people told me they interpreted the law as you couldn't even hand a gun to another person (with intent to sell) unless a dealer was in the middle of it to do the handling. Unsure if that's the way it's written or not, but sure has a lot of good honest gun owners confused and worried.

I think most of the rural counties outside of the Puget Sound metro area do that and many said so during the campaign. Most LOE officers opposed it even if the brass supported.  I'm sure if they happened to see it, they would probably be looking the other way.

I'm sure my nephews, the Twin Sheriffs in Ripley's Believe it or Not: Rob and John Snaza, feel that way. John announced it during the 594 campaign, but Rob wasn't sheriff yet.

Any petty prosecution for sporting use would be purely vindictive.  Most laws are intentionally vague to promote debate and full employment for attys.  Angry 

Slumlord is correct, firearms will get to be such a PIA, most will just avoid the issues and play video games.  After spending most of the last decade and a half campaigning to keep the d@** projectiles on site, I can honestly say I wish I hadn't bothered.  The situation is as bad as it has ever been. Total waste of my time and effort.  Cry  I could have been practicing at the track and now be fast enough to snatch that gazelle I posted in the Off Topic Section.  What a happy camper I could be now  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Longknife

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
slumlord44 wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:59pm:
I also never loan out a gun in most circumstances. I will however let others shoot my guns when I am with them. Technically a violation the way I read it. Thankfully Illinois is not quite that bad yet but the day is not over yet. The intent seems to make possession of any gun a crime or at the least to make things so difficult and complicated that most people will just quit owning guns.

Illinois is run by the politicians in Chicago, where the gun laws are the strictest in the state but the crime rate is the also the WORST in the State!!!!! ANY firearm, regardless of age must go through a dealer, this includes antiques, muzzle-loaders and ACTIONS, since they are the "heart" of the gun. Other parts are ok to buy and sell without involving a FFL. What is interesting though is that since the US Post office is the Federal Gov. they go by Federal rules and will let you ship antiques without question. This is not legal according to ILL rules and you could still be subject to arrest. When ever you enter a gun shop or go to a gun show you must show your FOID ( Firearm Owners Identification Card) to handle a gun. If you are not asked to show your card then the seller could be arrested for "transferring" a fire arm to an unqualified person.

Last your I won a drawing for a pistol, out of state. I went to my dealer and filled out all the paper work, picked it up 4 days later when it arrived. (You must wait a minimum of 3 days for a pistol after filling out the paper work.) After owning the gun for a few months and never shooting it I decided to sell it. I took it to another gun shop and put it on consignment where my FOID # and info was recorded. After three months it had not sold so I went to pick it up and AGAIN had to fill out all the paper work, be approved, have back ground check, and wait for three more days before picking up MY pistol that had already been registered to me!!!!

A close friend went to a gun show to sell a firearm.  Some one asked if the firearm was for sale and if he could see it. MY friend said sure and handed it to this person. He then was immediately HAND CUFFED and marched out side where her was placed under arrest. The person asking about the gun  was an undercover State Police Officer.  It was ILLEGAL for my friend to allow him to handle the firearm without asking for his FOID!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint