Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need Parker Hale 7A sight work on broken elevation (Read 2745 times)
emmett22405

Need Parker Hale 7A sight work on broken elevation
Feb 14th, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Dropped BSA martini 12/15 and bent elevation screw which after a few turns, broke (from metal fatigue?).  Have replacement elevation screw in a top half (only) of another 7A sight, but can't make swap.  Seems like a spanner wrench AND a castle nut wrench, both of specific sizes, needed. Can anyone recommend a person that can/does fix these sights or where to get the needed wrenches? Thanks

IP Logged

colo native
Oldtimer

Re: Need Parker Hale 7A sight work on broken elevation
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Appletons gun shop  in Front Royal Va,  I think they have sites n parts  Ill try to find the fone #

IP Logged

colo native
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
(540) 635-0455   i think u ask for alice,    been a long time..

IP Logged

emmett22405

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
thanks--I bought the replacement screw and parts from her--but they don't do fixes.  Any other ideas, please?

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Just a thought, google snap ring pliers. These are for the installation and removal of the snap rings found just about everywhere. They come with various replaceable tips and are usually sold in sets with the pliers themselves. You could probably use one set for the removal of the busted screw. My 7a has little square holes in both the elevation and windage knobs. I say google it cause you can get the tips which are replaceable and see if it would do what you want. Longshot but if it works ok. I'd suggest a good soak in kroil prior to any work. I've used kroil to fix or loosen up aperture sight screws which never saw a drop of oil since they were made. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

spdalcher

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
I think SSL has it, I have used snap ring pliers as a spanner wrench before. The pliers aren't that expensive especially if you have a Harbor Freight close by.

IP Logged

emmett22405

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Thanks! tried the snap ring pliers--sure snapped all right one prong shot across the room  not sure I turned it the right way  any ways  broke down and ordered  an adjustable pin spanner minimum spread 7mm with 2 mm pins should just fit the hole spacings -on ebay for 19 and its on its way

IP Logged

ao3

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I have one with the horzontal screw broke off,i would buy yours or you can buy mine,Also have a good one like new. I want $50.00 for the one broke,it is complete except for the screw    AO3

IP Logged

emmett22405

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:25am
Print Post  
thanks but--  I have a partial one with horizontal screw broken  off  but it also contains the whole elevation screw which I will use to fix  my original, complete one--so when the smoke clears I will have one complete sight and a partial with neither elevation nor windage screws

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint