Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How do I post photos on this forum? (Read 1650 times)
possible

How do I post photos on this forum?
Jan 5th, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I've looked around and can't seem to find instructions for posting pics- is there info somewhere on the forum or would someone help me out?
Thanks.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: How do I post photos on this forum?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I use a free picture hosting site. Photobucket.
Post my pictures in an album there, and then copy the links provided there and insert them here in my posts. There's an "img" link at Photobucket that is clicked on and it copies the image in a way that makes it automatically work in a post. When I want to insert it here, I open a reply, and I simply click on the "cntrl" key, and the "v" key, and it appears in my post.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Possible, 

below the box where you type in a message, there is a "browse" button, it will also say "no file selected"  .  click that button and it will allow you to select a file from your computer.  That file or files will show up in your post.  If you "preview" the message the selected file will not show up until you post the massage.

As far as getting the right size for the  forum,  I right select the email option in my picture viewer, select the smallest email size available. the from the email application ( in my case, Outlook)  I right click the attached file and do a "save as..".  This is the file I use to send to the forum.  So far this has worked well for me.  Sort of going around your elbow to get to your a**. but it works well without sending a 4 page photo to the forum. 

Having a photobucket site is a good thing if you have a lot of photos to share. 

Hope that is helpful, 

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

possible

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Thanks to all who replied.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint