Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sight Picture Problem/Question... (Read 11538 times)
calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Sight Picture Problem/Question...
Reply #30 - Dec 28th, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Out here plenty of fellas shoot at 10,000 yards. They don't check the targets though with gas prices as high as they are. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #31 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
As promised I'm reporting back after my eye exam. 

I talked with my eye doctor (a good friend from high school) about the trouble I am having before we started the exam. He was concerned and wanted to dilate my eyes at the end of the exam.

The good news is my eyes are extremely healthy for my age (60). He was really surprised not to find any real problems. He spent a long time looking into my eyes after they were dilated and the only thing he could see was what he described as 'a few, very small, slightly cloudy areas'. Not cataracts, and he's seen plenty of them.

So I'm relieved that I'm not going to need any surgery, at least not in the near future. I really wish that he could have found something conclusive though. I trust him explicitly and have no need to look for a second opinion.

I have a match in two weeks and will see what happens then. 

JerryH

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

Fritz
Oldtimer

Reply #32 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Glad to hear it was not anything serious Jerry,and hope you do well in your match coming up,
                                             Best Regards--Fritz

YIM  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
I'm jealous, Jerry. What ever is wrong with your eyes, I WANT IT Smiley 

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Pentz
Senior Forum Member

Funf und Zwanzig mit den
Hut

Reply #34 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I have a "bug" in my right eye; can't tell how many legs so I just say "bug".  An eye exam revealed a cataract that is not sufficiently advanced to require removal, but I'm champing at the bit for it.  It's present in apertures and high-magnification scopes.  Of course, my weak side eye is just fine....

ASSRA Member Yoostabe # 11497

IP Logged

CaryT

Reply #35 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Great Jerry.
My suggestion at this point would be to stay well hydrated.  I have had problems related to this when I travel from the NW to drier climates.  Does make a difference in more then just your eyes.
I'm happy to hear the great results.
Cary

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #36 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Pentz wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 10:11pm:
I have a "bug" in my right eye; can't tell how many legs so I just say "bug".  An eye exam revealed a cataract that is not sufficiently advanced to require removal, but I'm champing at the bit for it.  It's present in apertures and high-magnification scopes.  Of course, my weak side eye is just fine....

Everything bad and nasty starts in your shooting eye Sad  The good news is it doesn't mater when they fix it, results will be the same.  They are just waiting for your vision to get bad enough for it to get insurance to pay for it.  Grin

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint