Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Precision Shooting Reloading Guide. (Read 9217 times)
Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Re: Precision Shooting Reloading Guide.
Reply #15 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 1:00am
Print Post  
When my wife had her bridal party her father was making a racoon stew. First time for this yankee. Actually was pretty darn good. However you had to watch him as he did like his food kinda spicy. However I draw the line at smothered steak's. Medium well done for me. When I went squirrel hunting would drop them off at my sister in laws as I've never had squirrel. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Dr.Maynard
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
So Huey long was long gone before I came down here. And if I remember right Huey Long was shot by of all persons a doctor. Frank

Frank --

I believe the Governor Huey Long was dead and in his grave quite a bit before either of us were born.

The alleged assassin was a fairly young Medical Doctor named Dr. Weis, and the event took place in the Louisiana capitol building in Baton Rouge.  After the shooting stopped that faithful evening, Dr. Weis lay dead with some 60, or so, bullets in his body.

From what I recall of the event, it took place in very close quarters of a hallway approximately 8 X 12 feet with as many as six plain clothes state police detectives present.  The story has it that when Dr. Weis stepped out and revealed himself, the security detail pulled their Colt automatic pistols and emptied their magazines in the direction of Weis.  Because the interior hallway was marble and or polished stone, bullets were flying around everywhere.

One theory proffered of the series of events is that Dr. Weis simply went to the capitol to confront Governor Long verbally and the security detail over reacted; and the bullet that hit Long was a ricochet from a state police weapon.

My facts may be a little skewed, since I am recalling the context from having read a substantial account of the death of Huey Long many years ago.

IP Logged

OLReliable

Reply #17 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:41am
Print Post  
a "faithful evening", you bet !! .... maybe even fateful !!!

OLR
wyyyyyyy iiiyyyyyy awwwttta ......

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Have a copy is PShhotings reloading guide.  Will trade it for a Crayfish dinner in Louisanna . Passing through first week of January.

Boats

IP Logged

Dr.Maynard
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
trade it for a Crayfish dinner in Louisanna . Passing through first week of January.Boats

Bill --- As Chef Paul would often say; " How you all are ? "

If Paul was still alive, I would telephone him and ask that he schedule you a table with the best of Cajun food served with efficiency to a fine southern gentleman such as yourself. 

Webb

IP Logged

Pentz
Senior Forum Member

Funf und Zwanzig mit den
Hut

Reply #20 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Not a Cajun, but we used to seine the outlets of the rice fields as a kid in the northern Sacramento valley.  We'd come home with a garbage can full of mudbugs and spend the rest of the day pulling tails.  But I NEVER mustered up the gumption to suck heads - not this 'chile.... Lips Sealed

ASSRA Member Yoostabe # 11497

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #21 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Pentz, thanks for upholding a northern tradition regarding crawfish even though you're north of the border. Down here rice fields you have to watch out for the water moccasins and cotton mouths. Shot at a range in Eunice and you really had to watch where you walked as the rice fields were only a few hundred yards or so away. Since my property borders on da bayou snakes I keep a well peeled eye out for. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint