Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Precision Shooting Reloading Guide. (Read 9200 times)
Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Precision Shooting Reloading Guide.
Dec 10th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Family ask me what I want for Christmas and looking at Amazon online for reloading books I was astounded to find that prices for the Precision Shooting Reloading Guide range from $334-87 for a secondhand book and up to $1184-84 American Dollars for a new one.
Can't remember what I paid for my new book back in the late nineties but less than fifty dollars I think.

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Precision Shooting Reloading Guide.
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Is this the same book?

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Wow!  I think I have a copy I haven't read in years.  Maybe I should put it up for sale!

JS

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Thats the book and here is Amazons link.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Kinda makes you stop and think about those old books on shooting,reloading and gunsmithing have appreciated in price over the years. Last I looked the book "Pope's Barrels" was going for $100 but  shudder to think what it's going for now. Way back when $25 or so was a lot of money, now like fine wines seems prices have skyrocketed for some of the old classics. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Dr.Maynard
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
  Frank --

When Huey Long was around you-all got a chicken in every pot ; and all the craw-dads one could eat for two bits back in Vermillion Parish.

Huh

« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 4:47pm by »  

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
its also available through google book as a download

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Dr.Maynard, sir I regret to inform you that I am a displaced yankee that got tired of shoveling snow and ice as well as freezing my petunias off working in a tank farm for 30 years. So Huey long was long gone before I came down here. And if I remember right Huey Long was shot by of all persons a doctor. I hate crawfish, you gotta bite the heads and suck the tails. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

CajunRebel
Oldtimer

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post  
SSL - I believe you have the crawfish eating process backasswards.  It's eat the tails and suck the heads.  Geez, those Cajuns done fooled another Yankee.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dr.Maynard
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dr.Maynard, sir I regret to inform you that I am a displaced yankee that got tired of shoveling snow and ice as well as freezing my .  .  . Frank

Hey Frank -- Let's have no regrets for your decision to become an adopted Cajun.  That's all the better for you.

One does not become an accepted Cajun Man overnight with those folks in Iberia Parish.  It takes a lot of back slapper and Dixie beer to get the feel of being a true Cajun.  It also helps if you know something about shooting ducks out of a pirogue.

Paul Prudhomme was my favorite Cajun Man and he always saved us a good table and attentive waitress when we were in New Orleans. 

I know my history lessons well and of course didn't expect you to know Huey Long during his lifetime.  Of course, you would not know Edwin Edwards from Avoyelles Parish, you being out in the oil patch all day working.

I doubt that you've ever been to Marksville, where Edwin and his brother grew up.

We'll have to get together the next time I'm down your way for some red beans and rice with a goodly portion of crawdads.  We have a fish market in the city who gets us all the crawfish we care to eat flown up from N.O. when we're having a group of folks in for supper, including Lindy Boggs before she passed two years past.

Friends?
Webb
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2015 at 1:17pm by »  

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Bet they don't have Crays like this down there.
My thirteen year old grand daughter spotted this one whilst diving but made her father bring it up.

IP Logged

Dr.Maynard
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Will you take a look at that one ?

Is it a "Fella"  or a "Gal" ?  Whatever it is, it's BIG.

Course, being on the ASSRA Forum, it just may be FAKE and put together from Chinese plastic. 

Hope it didn't just crawl out of the town's drinking water reservoir, if you get my implication.

You are a good sport Nero for allowing us to have a little fun on your posted message.
Grin
Thanks for the photo !

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
It appears to be what we in Southeast Alaska would call a small shrimp.

js

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Reply #13 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Well what can I say about getting the proper way to eat crawfish.  I never eat them. However some good catfish or tilapia and we're good to go. My wife who was born down here loves them. Although I have been known to eat the corn and potatoes. Just have to taste test a couple as they do get carried away with the crawfish seasoning. Friends Dr.Maynard. Never met a person here that I didn't like. Worked in a tank farm in NYC that did oil deliveries via barge,tanker and pipeline lotta cold days and nights. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

CajunRebel
Oldtimer

Reply #14 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 7:52am
Print Post  
SSL - I grew up on the other side of Lakes Verret and Palourde, in a town named Labadieville (LA1).  Visiting family in Lafayete, BR, and Thibodaux; was just thru US90 at Avery Island.  You'll quickly learn that Cajuns will eat anything that doesn't eat them first. Learn to make a roux and you'll get by.. BTW - the term "Coonass" can be considered a term of endearment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint