Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) My bizarre High Wall schuetzen (Read 15488 times)
bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: My bizarre High Wall schuetzen
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Ya never know what a Google search will turn up.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

rustyrelx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
I have a Borchardt with that grip cap.

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
westerner - I am quite sure that the page shown was taken from a web sight, California digital newspaper collection, an incredible wealth of information. Quite some years ago, more than I care to divulge, I came across a ribbon announcing the formation of the San Jose rifle club in 1899. My grand mother and father came to this country from Germany in 1917, and as a youngster would go to the local Germania hall with her. On the wall were several, I know now, German Schuetzen rifles. Their image stuck with me until I came across the ribbon. In my last high school years my interest flourished and I did what research I could in the San Jose library and found precious little information. Many years later I decided to look further and eventually stumbled on the above website. It was like someone turned the lights on. There were something like 800 plus entries for San Jose rifle club. As I discovered in reading one of their ranges was a scant few blocks from where I grew up, and my brother now lives. 
  Please excuse the rant, but glad to pass the website on to you and others interested.  Best regards

rkba2nd

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
My apologies to bpjack, I didn't catch his post and hope that I was the only one that didn't. Best regards

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint