Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tacoma Fall Match Sept 13 & 14, 2014 RimFire (Read 623 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Tacoma Fall Match Sept 13 & 14, 2014 RimFire
Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 1:20am
Print Post  
They are see through overlays with the rings and clearly define the relationship of the bullets meplat with in or out of each ring. They were all marked ASSRA and I would think that is who originally provided them at some cost.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Bob,
You might have a stamp made and under the where you write the score for each bullet hole (upper right), stamp it CENTER and the person doing the scoring should know what to do.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 1:42am
Print Post  
I did a goggle search.  About all I found was a few targets and generic overlays.  We have some plugs with a magnifying lens that we use occasionally.  I usually just place the target over another target.  It is usually clear as to where the center of the bullet hole is in relation to the ring, but I'm not scoring national records  Wink

One of there days, I'll go down and see if I can watch the bench rest shooters measure groups.  Anything over .010" is out of the game!  Way more precision than anything we ever do with PB cast bullets.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint