Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tacoma Fall Match Sept 13 & 14, 2014 RimFire (Read 624 times)
Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Tacoma Fall Match Sept 13 & 14, 2014 RimFire
Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Code
22 RF 100 yds Bench
Gabriela Martins        250.10
Bob Zimmerman		248.08
Lonnie Bathke		246.06
Ron Rhoten		246.06
Jack Hewitt		245.05
Bill McConnon		244.05
Loren Lund		244.05
Eddy Jonas		243.04
Ron Yatso		241.02
Claude Kammerzal	241.02
Chuck Bordman		237.04

22 RF 100 yds Offhand
Joe Gussenhoven		211.00
Eddy Jonas		208.00
Bob Zimmerman		195.00
Bill McConnon		191.00
Loren Lund		177.00
Jack Hewitt		169.00

22 RF 200 yds Any Sight Bench
Ron Rhoten		242.06
Bill McConnon		241.05
Loren Lund		241.01
Bob Zimmerman		240.04
Jack Hewitt		238.03
Eddy Jonas		230.01

Bill  McConnon Won 100 yd Bench King Target

All matches scored touch the line except Any sight CF Bench
No new shooters took me up on the offer to shoot any 22 to try the course of fire.
Keep 'em in the red!  Bob

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

lonniebathke

Re: Tacoma Fall Match Sept 13 & 14, 2014 RimFire
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Good  shootin' Bob.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
IS BR is scored leaded edge??  Huh?  Why? Is a sanctioned ASSRA match?  Huh?

Joe. 

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Joe, Local custom.  It has been that way since Bill Crane was running the matches for all 22 RF.  The only things they scored center of bullet were the 2 CF bench matches.  Since I can't do this all by myself, I went to everything but CF any sight bench to make it easier for the occasional target scorers that help and to eliminate inconsistency when they forget to flip back and forget.  Hopefully, they remember that one target is different  Grin 

Regards, Bob

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Not complaining but you should note that your Iron Sight BR matches are being scored by the leaded so they are not miss-leading to those accross the country. Also there are those as myself who like to review what the top shooters are doing and by using the leaded edge format there is no way of really knowing so unfortunatly they would have to be ignored.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Welcome Lonnie! Glad to see you on the forum Smiley

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 2:18am
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:27pm:
Not complaining but you should note that your Iron Sight BR matches are being scored by the leaded so they are not miss-leading to those accross the country. 

This note is at the bottoms of the scores  "All matches scored touch the line except Any sight CF Bench."

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 2:36am
Print Post  
I didn't know that. Thought the only match not scored by ASSRA rules was the .22 bench matches.  
So that means no ASSRA record BR scores are possible at TR&R matches? 

Joe.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Records are possible, if the scoring is center of the bullet and on a proper target.  I recall seeing some comments on here or in the journal about local custom scoring vs. official record scoring, but it was a long time ago and I don't have any reference to it. 

They were using ISSA targets when I took over.  We have some  ASSRA targets for any one who requests to use  them, black targets for any one who wants black and iron sight targets for anyone who wants to shoot them in the any sight match. I plan to just go to all ASSRA targets as we need more.  

Bill did the 22 that way because it was easier for the "girls".  I added the Iron Sight bench because it is easier to only have to go back and forth for one target.   CF any sight bench is too competitive in good conditions to score the leaded edge.  That target is smaller and readily identifiable.  It should be easy to keep it straight, but we still had to keep an eye on our new scorer that was helping last weekend.    Iron sight bench used to be  competitive too, but most of us can't see the red targets or iron sights  well enough any more to get many above 240    Sad

There are too many errors when novice scorers are doing a few targets here and there.  There are too many errors and confusions when I do all the scoring myself.   By the time I do all the stuff that needs to be done to keep  the match moving in a timely manner, I don't have time to recheck the targets.  I shoot a little bit, but most of the effort is keeping it going, getting targets scored and posted, ect.  I appreciate the guys that help out running the line and putting out the target frames, ect, but there is room for  more volunteers doing a little more to keep it running smoothly.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 5:57am
Print Post  
How could a shooter score a ASSRA record target at TR&R?   

Joe.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
If you had a set of ASSRA Overlays it would make target scoring easier for both you and the novice and it might be something worth checking into.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Sep 22nd, 2014 at 5:57am:
How could a shooter score a ASSRA record target at TR&R?  

Joe.

Not sure what you  mean Joe.  I won't be running matches if I can't shoot.  No reason to do it.  If you mean a national record, it would be sent to the ASSRA for verification.

In NRA silhouettes, match officials are (or were) allowed to participate back when I was trying to get BP started in the 90s before Steve Morris got them started at Eatonville.  

NRA BP target and other disciplines do not (or did not) allow any match officials to participate, so none of the BP matches at TRR were ever NRA associated.  At the shooters meeting  at Raton after the NRA BP programs in  1999, I mentioned that inequity between the sports.  It was suggested I just shoot, sign the forms and  send them in anyway.  As a matter of principle,  I'm not going to lie on the forms I sign for them.  I do not know if they have changed it since.  

There doesn't seem to be any interest in BP paper target shooting up here anymore.  Steve Anderson gave up the program he started after I quit doing it at TRR for lack of participation.

Bottom line being if I can't play as a match official, I'm not interested in doing the matches.  I'll just waiting for someone to take over or just do something else.  It hasn't ever been an issue in the 30  years I've been at it doing ML, BP and SS.   

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Sep 22nd, 2014 at 9:58am:
If you had a set of ASSRA Overlays it would make target scoring easier for both you and the novice and it might be something worth checking into.

I have never heard of overlays for ASSRA targets. I will check it out.  Do you know where?  I do not recall ever seeing anything in the Journal.  None of my predecessors ever had any to the best of my knowledge. 

Determining the score value is not really an issue, it is the switching back and forth between center and leaded edge and  using the correct option.  In the open relays format, every target you pick up is different.  Infinitely more confusing than having all the offhand or bench targets turned in off one relay and doing them all as a group, especially to new scorers.  

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
The set I had came from the ASSRA and were handed down to me when I ran the matches and I handed them down to the gentleman that eventually took my place.

JLouis

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Maybe they were locally made up?  They just over lay the target to better define the scoring rings, correct?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint