Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Argentine Rolling Block (Read 3607 times)
Remmy4477
Ex Member

Argentine Rolling Block
Jun 29th, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hello All
New to the group. Been shooting a Singleshot now for close to 20 years. First rifle was a RB copy in 45-70. Sold it several years ago to buy this. A 1879 Argentine RB in 43 Spanish. I added a winchester ramp with a redfield globe and a cheap long range tang sight and have been having fun with it since. Hoping someday to find me an #1 Sporter in 45-70, someday?

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Argentine Rolling Block
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
That's a great gun, in a great caliber! Remington based the .43 Spanish on their very successful .44-77 SBN. Seems all the countries that ordered early Rolling Block military guns wanted their own version of the old Rem/Sharps .44-77. 
Looks like yours is in very nice shape, and probably is a wonderful shooting gun!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cheatin_charlie
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I had to check my gun safe,  I thought you had my rifle except for the sights!  Mine loves .443 dia bullets and
Reloader 7 powder.  Last time I shot it off the bench at 100 yards I put 9 out of 10 in under 2"  I let up on 
my hold and 1 of the 10 went about 1.5" high out of the group.  What a great rifle for the price!  I now have
3 Rollingblock military rifles and they all shoot great for issue army rifles.

IP Logged

Remmy4477
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
I'm using an Old West custom mold, drops a .442 440 grn bullet, big lube grooves. Of course with this rifle the throats long so the bullets are seated out a ways. Seems to do fine with them. Powder wise I was using pyrodex.  Just found some goex 2Fg and loaded up a batch. 80grns in BB brass, probably kick like a mule? Going to my first shooting match next weekend with it and my new loads.  Should be interesting!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint