Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic gun shop in Nashville tn (Read 2365 times)
oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

gun shop in Nashville tn
Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Any recommendation for a gun shop to visit in Nashville. Preferably one that has bpcr styles.   Gonna be here a couple days. Might as well look around

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Lefty38-55
Senior Forum Member

Re: gun shop in Nashville tn
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I recall going to a few there and it was ARs and every other brand of mil-surps. Never saw what I would determine a classic rifle, nevermind a nice single shot. But I sure don't profess to say I hit every shop and might have missed the biggest/best one around ... as I was there on business and had to run out at lunch when co-workers weren't with me (non-shooters ya' know ... ).

However, if you're into flintlocks, drive ~1-hour north and go visit Tip Curtis. Bring your wallet ... his guns are so fine you'll spend hours there drooling!

All of my single shots shoot one tiny ragged hole with cast bullets ... it's just the following shots that tend to open up my groups Wink ...

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Or Dixie Gunworks Union City Tn

Boats

IP Logged

RCRBanjo

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Six of us were in Nashville a week ago for the big bluegrass convention.  We didn't look for any gun shops as we only had music on our minds.  If you have time you could visit the new Gruhn Guitar store on South 8th Av.  Even if you're not a musician you'll be impressed.  It must have the largest banjo department in the world.  Say "Hello" to Calvin Minner for me.  Andy

IP Logged

jagfolks

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:32am
Print Post  
There is a hugh gun shop In Franklin right off of I-65. They have hundreds of used guns but when we were there last spring I didn't see any single shot rifles of interest.
Bob

IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:46am
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Checked out the big one in Franklin.  It's big, they claim to have  6000 guns.  Didn't count them  but there were a lot.  A few repro Sharpes, an .43 Spanish RB with a good bore,  a martini 577.  Nothing to make me part with cash.     Checked out  two  others but they were small and catered to the more modern crowd.   If I had the time I would have went to see the Tip Curtis shop,  that one looked fun.

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint