Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Laserlyte Training Target (Read 2153 times)
HONU
Participating Member

ASSRA # 8570

Laserlyte Training Target
Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Anyone have any experience with the Laserlyte Training Target TLB-1 system for indoor use ?

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Laserlyte Training Target
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
No one has answered so will give it a try. I see the method, have used something like it for Shotgun mount and swing training, much simpler, Mini Mag Light in the muzzle.   Laser is often used for Pistol training.

Our Single shot rifles used offhand I doubt if it's precise enough to be useful. Perhaps a beginner could get some value out of it. I think seeing the laser dot wiggling around would be negative to a beginner.

Best indoor offhand practice for Single shot rifles offhand shooting is Air Rifle at 10 meters or 50 feet

Boats

IP Logged

bohemianway
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
I have used the RIKA with PC analyzer and it is very nice. It displays your hold sequence, Trigger release, and followthrough. But at $1400 it is not for the faint at heart. Check it out at Pilkguns.com

GTalk  
IP Logged

UtahDave
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I've been looking at one of these as an alternative to dry firing my 1911.  After reading a lot the pistol specific calibers, 9mm and 45 cal, with the firing pin activated laser seem to be more durable.  The 223 cal might be modified to fit say a 32-40.  The sound activated ones, the universal fit' don't look very reliable.   

There are much better computer aids but they cost as much as a new rifle! 

I'm going to be laid up for a few months after back surgery and I may buy a Laserlyte. I got into shooting flies with my CO2 pistol and felt "bullets" last time I was laid up (ain't getting old fun!) but the management complained about the splats on the wall.  I did kill a trophy Blue Tailed Fly Grin

Dave

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
I think one would pickup some awful bad habits that might be extremely hard to break for Schuetzen practice. Muscle memory would become such that when it comes time to read and hold for wind and mirage in real life competition conditions trying to override the imbedded sight pictures is good squeeze the trigger regiment might be hard to over power just like a real bad flinch. 

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

HONU
Participating Member

ASSRA # 8570

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Boats- my understanding is that the laser would not wiggle around because the fireing pin strikes the laser cartridge which hits the target. then you display the hit location on the target.
John-you are right that one would have to be careful not to pick up bad habits. I dont need any more awfulhand bad habits than I already have!
Thanks for responding.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:03am
Print Post  
If the laser comes on when the firing pin strikes and leaves some sort of indication on the target to show "strike" that's one thing.

If the laser stays on while holding the gun it changes your focus and sight picture .

Our club runs IDPA Pistol matches indoors percentage of the matches relays lights out. Rules are strict no weapon mounted lights of any kind. Off hand held flashligts. You have to look at the guns sights. We also run some " Back up gun" matches, any pistol or revolver barrel  under 3 inches that use relaxed gun rules, mounted lights are allowed. 

One of our better shooters used a J Frame S&W with a red dot light in the guns grip. Grab it comes on and red dot is transmitted to the target. Was interesting to watch him shoot, just like on TV red dot creeping up on the man shape targets.  He got to be real good at it, but it totally messed up his conventional look at the guns sights matches. He gave it up in the end, you rarely see one used by good shooters.  

Boats

IP Logged

Lefty38-55
Senior Forum Member

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
I find that a Shaver 22LR insert, using Aquilla Colibri powderless ammo, in my 38-55s is great for indoor use and my offhand practice. Your NPA plus BRASS and tons of rounds down range is awesome for 'practical' practice. Breathing and trigger control is what its all about!

NPA = Natural point of aim
BRASS = Breathe, relax, aim, slow squeeze & shoot (and follow-thru)

All of my single shots shoot one tiny ragged hole with cast bullets ... it's just the following shots that tend to open up my groups Wink ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint