Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Schuetzen Match Near Petaluma, CA? (Read 1576 times)
Jerry_H
Ex Member

Schuetzen Match Near Petaluma, CA?
Feb 4th, 2014 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
A friend who lives near Petaluma, CA is interested in getting involved in Schuetzen, mainly offhand. If there are any matches being held somewhere close by please send me the contact info and I'll pass it on.

Thanks,
Jerry_H

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Schuetzen Match Near Petaluma, CA?
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Have him contact Bruce Kirby ph#209-951-6448 from the Modesto Rifle club.    May only be about a 2 hour drive  from Petaluma.

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Jerry_H
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
I shoot with Bruce at Modesto, however the monthly matches are all off the bench. My friend is mainly interested in offhand shooting. 

I did hear from a club further north of him that may work out.

Thanks,
Jerry_H

IP Logged

JackHughs
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I shoot with Bruce at Modesto, however the monthly matches are all off the bench. My friend is mainly interested in offhand shooting. 

I did hear from a club further north of him that may work out.

Thanks,
Jerry_H

That would be Redwood?

Far-Northern California Schützen Matches
Greetings from behind the Redwood Curtain!
The Redwood Gun Club (Redwood Schützen Verein) and the Simpson Range Association (Simpson Schuetzen Verein, Our matches are 200 yard, all off-hand with iron sights, 30 shot affairs at a single ASSRA target. We both plan on running a one-shot per competitor “Honor Target” after each match (one shot, $1, closest to center wins).
For information about these matches, visit (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links), or for info about Redwood Schützen Verein’s matches, contact Paul Feist at efeist@hughes.net or 707-444-0430 (email is better), and for information about Simpson Schuetzen Verein’s matches, contact Bob Goodrich at 707-443-2913, or George Champion at 707-442-6303.

JackHughs

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.  W.B. Yeats

IP Logged

mjs3240
Participating Member

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
The Richmond Rod and Gun club across the bay from Petaluma puts on a Schuetzen match.  I have never shot it and do not know if it is bench or offhand or a combo.  Check it out and let us know.  According to their web site their next match is Sunday Feb 23 on the 200 yard line.  This is their web site " (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint