Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Baltimore Arms Show, 15-16 March (Read 1232 times)
Lefty38-55
Senior Forum Member

Baltimore Arms Show, 15-16 March
Jan 9th, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Anyone else going? 

Tom Rowe will be there and I'll be attending as he wants to see firsthand and photograph my Win High Wall, DST 22 Schuetzen, by Pope wearing barrel #244. Tom has already photographed rifles with barrels numbered 243 and 245 from Jersey City.

Link to show: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I fear the Pope rifle I have has been bastardized a bit, but at least it will be good to receive some honest appraisals of its real value. Bert Hartman of the Win Collectors Society reports that the Win collector value is nil due to the mods made by a "shooter". 
This is the one with the large dovetail cut in immediately forward of the receiver bridge, with additional tapped holes for various sight/scope schemes - argghhhh! To me, it's a vintage shooter and what I use for indoor and rimfire league shootin.

Anyway, if you're heading to the show - maybe we can meet up! Tom's table will be setup against the dividing wall in the small room next to the rear passage way.

All of my single shots shoot one tiny ragged hole with cast bullets ... it's just the following shots that tend to open up my groups Wink ...

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Baltimore Arms Show, 15-16 March
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:46am
Print Post  
I plan to go.  Would not put much weight in the Winchester Collectors opinion.   Most are name and hard to get fans. Few Pony collectors even shoot the guns. Pope rifle value nil ?  Throw that opinion away.

Real single shot shooters would love to have it

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint