Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Info & Value needed, Savage M-19 NRA (Read 2310 times)
Papa
Ex Member

Info & Value needed, Savage M-19 NRA
Dec 22nd, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
I haven't posted in a long time and I hope I'm not out of bounds. If so, please let me know. I have just received a Savage model 19 target weight rifle, with a walnut sporter stock. I am haveing trouble locating information on this rifle and would appreciate any help. The rifle is complete with original target sights, front and rear, a heavy 25" barrel and has an oiled walnut stock. The butt plate is steel with SVG engraved on the bottom. The stock is NOT the full length military style. I would place the overall condition of this rifle as 98% or better. Thanks in advance.
Mark
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2013 at 10:55pm by »  

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Info & Value needed, Savage M-19
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Photo would help. 19 NRA? There are at least 3 variations of the NRA one. I would say $250 to $450 depending on condition if it has the rear Peep sight.

IP Logged

Papa
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Slum,
I can't post, but can send, pictures. I'm just totally in the dark on this one, didn't realize there were 3 variations. This one does have the peep sight and hooded front. Is the model designation also the original manufacture date as with some other arms?
Mark

IP Logged

ssdave
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
This isn't a hugely collectible rifle, but is a desirable model nonetheless.  It is a very respected target rifle, and worth $250 to $450 if it has the correct sights and excellent bore, as a indoor .22 target rifle.

As noted before, tying down exactly which model and which sights will help.

dave

IP Logged

Papa
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I would be glad to forward some pics to get correct information, can't post. If that works, I will need an email.
Mark

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Info & Value needed, Savage M-19 NRA
Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2013 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Slumlord44@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Redwing
Oldtimer

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  

Hey Mark !!!

Good to see you're back and still in the game !!!

I've got a Buddy who collected these fine little rifle's and may be able to provide you with some detailed info !!!  I'll check with him and if ok, send you a PM with his contact info....

Ya still shoot them "Chunk" Gun's ???   Cheesy

Merry Christmas !!!

Ed......

IP Logged

Papa
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Ed,
I'm still looking at the grass, the roots will have to wait a while. I haven't shot chunk in a while due to some serious back surgery but did start shooting at some "table" shoots last year. Great fun and allows an old one eyed fat man to keep slinging lead. By all means you are welcome to pass on my contact info, I appreciate it. Good to talk to you, I hope you and the family have a wonderful holiday and a safe and healthy new year.
Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint