Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Test results of BRC barrels, 25-20WCF & 32-20 .321 (Read 3177 times)
jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Test results of BRC barrels, 25-20WCF & 32-20 .321
Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Good groups. Is the 25 cal mold readily available or is it a custom?

JHolland

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Ken do you have a picture of Al's striker as a complete action?

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Ken I won't argue the merits of a striker action and would love to have a Borchardt but as most I simply can't afford the cost. In regards to a specific action providing better scores than another I would have to gracefully disagree, pick one as I did a CPA being the first and become one with it and you won't take a backseat to anything found on the line. That rifle has provided me with a substantial amount of honors over the years and once I get in tune with the FBW and the smaller 28 caliber bullet I believe the same will hold true and that is going to be like starting all over again and it will take more than an average amount of shooting to get there. Some times ones economics limits just how much one can spend to build a total competitive shooting platform. What this sport needs is to come up with a reasonable means to build such a platform so that more young folks raising a family can afford to join us and right now the FBW is the only action out there to work with. All though it is only priced at 400.00 it is by far a more superior action to most of them out there and their simplicity to work on is a hug plus. The one I currently have is my first and I am indeed very impressed and with the exception of not being a striker and making the traditional class I don't think one could ask for anything more, it's all there strength, trigger, Neidner breach block bushing and through bolt. With a little work one can't tell them from a Highwall and it will be sad to see them dissapear once Leo depletes his current inventory.

JLouis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Will do Ken and thanks for your latest info., it is always highly appreciated on my behalf as well as being highly valued.
Looking forward to more info on the new striker it sounds like another winner for the community is on it's way!

Yours Sincerely J Louis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Ken after some disscussion with your friend and mine he went on to win the Bench Rest Event with yep you guessed it a FBW rifle. Wink He gives you his regards and said thank you for yours.

I was looking over your 84 data and noticed that you upped your powder charge quite a bit from the 83 data. It's not real clear but looks to be in the 14.8 range. I am also very curious to the striker action used as all it says is striker?

Yours Sincerely J Louis

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
My standard load for my 33-47 was 14.7grs. H-108, Rem 91/2 primers and then #9 with same primer when 108 was no longer available with a 234gr. Mos bullet. Later on down the road when the 300MP came on the market the same load with WLR Mag. primers proved to be as good.
I admire your dedication to offhand shooting it used be a hoot for me but health issues took that event off my plate and my love is now in group shooting. Bench shooting has always been my main focus as CBA used to be the main monthly event at our range and was big. Offhand for me was only shot once yearly at the ISSA Regional so it was pretty much a fun match for me to stay in the grand Agg. Thanks again for the reply they enjoyable to read. Looking toward to the pictures and a discription on the new striker action.

Yours Sincerely J Louis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint