Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "New" loading press (Read 2112 times)
oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

"New" loading press
Sep 21st, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Can any body  identify this reloader?  It came with an original .44-60 cartridge.  It has matching serial #'s but no name that I can find.

Any help is appreciated,

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: "New" loading press
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
dunno, but it is really neat.  great find.  I'm assuming the inner thumb key is the decapper

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
I think you are right about the inner key.  The tip of it is threaded with what looks like  a coarse thread, but it is broken after a turn and a half.   

i would like to know who made it.   There was some speculation that it came from Sharps.  Now is when I need an old catalogue or two,

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

found this by using google.  there may be more info through their site and other similar ones

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Walter  Matera
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Wow.  No matter how obscure the item there is a group that collects and studies in and they all come together on the 'Net.  Wonderful.

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 1:55am
Print Post  
oughtsix wrote on Sep 22nd, 2013 at 11:25am:
I think you are right about the inner key.  The tip of it is threaded with what looks like  a coarse thread, but it is broken after a turn and a half.   

i would like to know who made it.   There was some speculation that it came from Sharps.  Now is when I need an old catalogue or two,

Hello -06

Most, if not all, of the Sharps reloading equipment was outsourced to the Bridgeport Gun Implement Co. 
and they continued supplying these tools long after the Sharps Company failed. You can get a Catalogue of their products from Cornell Publications.

I have a copy of their Catalogue from 1878 and I don't recall seeing these old reloading items in it, but then I may have overlooked them. I tried to find my copy of this catalogue last night but failed abysmally, I have several thousand books (not all firearms related) scattered throughout my home. Good luck with your search.

Harry. 
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:03am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint