Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BPCR forum access???? (Read 16244 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: BPCR forum access????
Reply #30 - Jun 6th, 2021 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
This site is and probably still is the only site that started out as one being dedicated to the Schuetzen Shooting sport back in 2004. It has since changed quite allot as other sites related to other types of cast bullet shooting have since started to die off.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2021 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
I really like this site as it has evolved. 
It really does include BPCR shooting as BPCR is all done
with Single Shot Rifles-original or repros. IF you look for it, there is  Lots available to learn from here and from Shiloh, Historic Shooting, and even BPCR.net if you can get on it.
AND, none of these forums are immune from the "pissing matches"and superfluous stuff  Sad Sadthat gets injected even into
threads that started out technical and serious
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Jun 6th, 2021 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Wasn't saying it was actually a bad thing but just simply that it is no longer what myself and a few others actually started this site for back in 2004 and prior to the ASSRA taking it over. So hopefully I didn't rub anyone the wrong way I was just simply pointing out when and why this site was actually started.

IP Logged

texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #33 - Jun 6th, 2021 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
The BPCR.net forum closed for several months a couple of years back or more.  When it finally came back up many of the members had moved to other forums.  And the administrator spends no time responding to new member requests, which has been an ongoing problem for many years.

Following are the forums I'm aware of with BPCR content.  Shiloh & ASSRA are the 1st two I always go to followed by Castboolits.  I check the others once in a while.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Wayne
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2021 at 12:19pm by texasmac »  

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

85lc

Reply #34 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 10:32am
Print Post  

Texasmac, That is a great list of websites.  Thanks.

NRA Life Member, ASSRA Life Member, GGCA Life Member

IP Logged

MrTipUp
Frequent Elocutionist

Quality is to a product
what character is to
a man

Reply #35 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Unfortunately, in too many cases the BPCR site is hopelessly out-of-date.  For example, they only list one engraver, Ken Hurst.  Uunder "Custom Rifle Makers", while one or two of the businesses listed may still be making guns, none of the websites listed for them are valid now.

Has our website been similarly lax?

Bill Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #36 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I do believe that this web site is being kept current by us the membership who are continually sharing our own successful personal experiences. If we ask for something to become a sticky for future use this site has been real good about doing just that.

IP Logged

John Rigby

Reply #37 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I've sent 4 requests over the last two years and no response on BPCR forum.  I gave up.

John Rigby

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I originally joined here in 2004 also, then left later, and returned in 2009. I never realized this was started as a "schuetzen only" forum? I always thought it was for old single shot rifles of any type of use?

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #39 - Jun 8th, 2021 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Yes, the other one would have been the ASSSRA unless they were short sighted enough to believe that schuetzen was the only possible use for them.

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 12:26am
Print Post  
just to add one more forum choice to the mix,

They have a section or two that offer good comments and ideas.  A few that frequent this forum also post there, it's a site worth joining.   
my 2¢
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
I joined up because I like old rifles, and having a place to discuss loads, brass conversion, bullets and lube. 
Since I'm nearly alone in a vacuum around my area, It was sanctuary, so to speak. My guns are the real oddballs at the range.
Most welcomed me, while a couple seemed to think a 'non-competitor' was a pariah. I've never even seen a scheutzen match, but I still feel like a small part of the gang. Thanks to the whole bunch of ya. Pat

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
This site actually came into being by Jim Borton and his Son Josh. The ASSRA did not have anything to do with it at the time, they actually got involved later on down the road. There was a group of us who used to get on a Chat Line every week and it eventually went away. So bnother one was then started and I believe it was a Yahoo chat line at the time. There was a point to where we all thought it to might suddenly end. So we started talking about developing a web site so we would never loose contact with each other on down the road. So Jim and Josh his Son the computer expert did just that and Josh developed this site. It was at that time a Schuetzen related site until the ASSRA took it over and it then it became everything related to single shots. And that is how this site actually came into being and it was not affiliated with the ASSRA at the time it was just Jim Borton and his Son Josh.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2021 at 4:40pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

OLD TUCK
Senior Forum Member

Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
John If you remember there were about a dozen of us including you and myself who donated a small fee so Josh would have some $$ to work with. Jim and Josh
carried it on. I never did consider this a pure Schuetzen place but it was a Single Shot Rifle group. And that was what I wanted to be involved with. My own personal 
interest was Schuetzen because I was not interested in Bench shooting and the Club I am a member of was Schuetzen Offhand oriented. We had a great group and a Guru guy who lead us and kept us going he and his Wife. She produced some wonderfull food to keep us coming back. He has now passed and we are still fairly well continued. But we are thinning out due to the ravages of time. I do believe we have become an ASSRA group here and are supported in some way. 
We would need to hear from Jim Borton to know the specifics. Well John it has been a good 15 Plus years I think and I have enjoyed it. FITZ, OLD TUCK Smiley

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2021 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Fitz thank you for refreshing my memory I forgot about paying to help Jim and Josh establish this site. I have no qualms about this site being everything single shot related. It has actually become a benefit to this site and its entire membership. I was just trying be totally honest about how this site actually came about thanks to Jim, Josh and all of those who donated money of which I totally forgot about. I still remember our Chat group talking about establishing  Schuetzen Village where we all could retire and shoot as group. Unfortunately some of those folks are no longer with us such as Charlie Dell, Russ Walley, Barry Darr and I am not sure who else right now who always joined us on the old original chat line at least once a week back in the day.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint