Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: THE 1/2" CHALLENGE (Read 37817 times)
Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Re: THE 1/2" CHALLENGE
Reply #45 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:01am
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:51pm:
Some of those who have questions about cast bullet use need to go back and re-read from the beginning in lieu of jumping into the middle of the topic with their questions. Joe B has outlined his rules in detail now it is just a matter of one signing up for his challenge.

Joe B not that I am not willing to help you with your endeavor as I would be more than happy to do so but it would probably be best to just pick three who have prior group measuring experience right out of the gate and have the targets make the rounds to all three. If that is not possible I will do what I can to help you out.
J.Louis

I guess that comment was directed toward me.
I have read his rules, again, and the way he has them written I'm still not sure if his shoot is just for ASSRA members, or any lead bullet shooters, I see that he says any ASSRA legal rifle can be used and I understand all that, but he never said if a shooter had to shoot CAST bullets, if so that may leave some really good shooters out of the match. 

I'm begining to think that Frank has the best idea,
and for me to think Frank had a good idea scares me.

Frank said:
"Why not just shoot the target at a match, have the Schuetzenmister score it. If it qualifies have him sign it and send to Joe for the $100. Much simpler"

I notice that joe b seems to be concerned that there are NO TRICKS, he mentioned that twice, so having it shot at a match and a Schuetzenmister sign it as "official" should satisfy him that there were NO TRICKS.

Now that I'm thinking about it never mind, I feel kind of foolish even trying to do something like this or even asking some of the shooters I know to give it a try.
S T 
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:09am by »  

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #46 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
"I'm begging to think that Frank has the best idea,
and for me to think Frank had a good idea scares me."

I feel as good as if I had won the match now  Smiley Smiley Smiley

To win the match $100, to get ST's agreement .............. Priceless  Cool

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Joe B it would be a good idea to have the targets witnessed and signed off. No different than the Postal Matches.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
WOW,
What do ya think about that Frank, seems that you, or we, got John L. to come over to the dark side with us.

This day will go down in history as the day of common sense in the history of ASSRA type shooting, unfortunately it's only a small step for shooters, a lot more has to be done, only hope it can be done in our life time. 

Of course we still have to convince joe b because it's his shoot and that may be more difficult than than most think. From past readings of his post he's got a one track, one way, as  John L. would put it, mind set, no matter if it's right or wrong, it's usually his way or no way.
  S T.

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
ST,
We are still on the same page...........very scary, huh?

Frank

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Joeb,
With your new rules, I don't see where your original statement now applies.

"I believe this strongly enough to put my money where my mouth is."

I thought you felt so sure that it can't be done that you would pay out your own money if it could be done. The way I now read it, you'll be paying out entry fees to quaifying shooters.

Frank 

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #51 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Where are you fellows coming up with this stuff? Joe B. made this statement in the very first post."All profits to the ASSRA. 
Who's first? joe b". The Kitty goes to the ASSRA not to pay out those who succeed.

In regards to going over to the dark side that has and will not happen. The darkside is that group of people who would do anything to prove a point and I am not in that group, never have been and never will. I don't agree with Joe B. in the least but I also won't sit back and let him be taken advantage of either. Believe it or not given the opportunity their are some who would take a stack, of targets or would try to do so out to the range until they were able to shoot those 1/2 inch and under groups and would then tell Joe B. to pay up. Same holds true on distance shot. Thus the recommendation of having the target witnessed while being shot. 

The way I read it the payout does not go to the shooter for his efforts the payout goes to the ASSRA. A fund raiser of sorts to support the ASSRA of which is a good thing.

J.Louis
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2013 at 8:15pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #52 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
I'm waiting for tomorrows rules.  (Adjusted by unexpected developments requiring revision.)

Is this 'contest' sanctioned by ASSRA?  Can we start any money-making contest like this one and publish it here?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Smiley

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #53 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
frnkeore wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:56pm:
Joeb,
With your new rules, I don't see where your original statement now applies.

"I believe this strongly enough to put my money where my mouth is."

One of the more respectable things JoeB has said on this forum.  I think the $100 prize(s) awared by JoeB should be accompanied with a signed certificate for accomplishing the almost impossible.  "The prestigeous JoeB 1/2" Award."

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #54 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 9:01am
Print Post  
2 WEEKS TO RETURN TARGET:

Canadians will not be able to receive and return the targets in two weeks because of the mail service.

1.5 HOURS TO SHOOT TARGET

ASSRA and ISSA rules are 1 hour to shoot 20 bullets

(6 GROUP BENCHREST TARGET?)

Can we shoot one or both of the extra two targets on the paper as sighters?

= PROFITS

So all the winners of the challenge share the profits which could easily exceed $100. I assume this is $25 per entry.

MAX 2 SHOOTERS

Will only consider the targets received from the first two shooters. Does that mean everyone else will get their money back or it will be shared by the first two to get their targets in. Guess it will be whoever is closet to where Joe lives and is able to hand deliver his targets.

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
frnkeore wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:48pm:
ST,
We are still on the same page...........very scary, huh?
Frank

Frank,
Yes, very scary, but I always try an give credit when credit is due, you had the best idea and the most fool proof idea. Remember what joeb said NO TRICKS and your way would be best to insure that there were NO TRICKS, but joeb just changed the rules, AGAIN.

I cant believe that J Louis does not want to be on the right side of the dark side with us, does he know we have cookies ?.

I have to agree with you again, it's now way to complicated, with all the stuff being sent to one guy, then another guy, than back to some other guy, etc., etc., nonsense and complicated, and what happened to joeb and putting his money where his mouth is, what happened to that ?.

The guys that I know that were thinking of shooting cant now because of his CAST bullet rule, all they shoot now is swaged lead so that leaves them out. Ever since Andy Z shot that record group with those swaged bullets they came over to the dark side with us and sold off all there casting equipment to the cavemen, those guys are still mining lead, melting it, poring it into those antique things called moulds and trying to shoot a better group than the Record group that Andy Z shot, it ain't going to happen but their old and it gives them something to do in their retirement.
  S T.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #56 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Joeb's rules are the way a radical left wing politician would do it, ST.  That's not a surprise, is it :question.

I wouldn't send him any money.   Wink

Joe.   Smiley

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #57 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Is this another "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it" scenario?    Wink

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #58 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Sounds like some fellows never learned how to cast bullets so they have to buy them. Andy Z being an exception, he is a shooter and his results prove it. Some of you folks are only good at shooting your mouths off thats why you keep referring to someone other than yourselves who can exceed the challenge. Only a hand full of the good shooters, the achievers post here anymore, the rest got sick of your BS along time ago and left. With the exception of a few of the achievers still hanging around all the group has to listen to anymore is the none achievers who think they know it all and haven't achieved anything other than maybe lucking into a couple of good targets over their lifespan.

J.Louis

IP Logged

tenx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #59 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Gee! I have a new title. Never thought I'd live long enuf to become a has-been.

Now John I think your getting a little promiscuous tarring most of the users on this forum as has-beens.

Pete

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint