Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Personal Thankyou.. (Read 1953 times)
Lisa Cleave
Ex Member

A Personal Thankyou..
Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Charles H. Cleave, 74, of Fontana died Thursday, Oct. 18 at Loma Linda Veterans Hospital.
Mr. Cleave was born May 30, 1938 in Tulare and was the son of Jean and Ruby Cleave. He loved horses and was involved in security with the Sheriff's Posse. He was a big rig owner-operator for many years. His hobby was mainly target shooting and making lube products for shooting (Javeline Lube). He also enjoyed helping and supporting his neighbors when needed. He served in the U.S. Navy on the USS Bennington.

He is survived by his wife Juanita Cleave of Fontana; two daughters, Cheryl Schelenburg of Reedley and Lisa Newcomb of Kansas; seven grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and two brothers, Gerald Cleave of Dunlap and Donald Cleave of Coville, Washington; and many nieces and nephews.

Shooting was one of my dad’s favorite passions, growing up I probably learned more about guns and horses than most young ladies, many hours where spent teaching me about bullet casting process,  the proper way to make lube, designing the perfect shooting bench, and how the last match went or looking forward to the next match. 

Growing up I was blessed with some very wonderful people Mr. Berry  Darr, Jess Smiley, and Don Small,  just to name a few. So many of you are and where family, perhaps not by blood but you all are family still the same.  I know that my dad will be greatly missed by many and I know that if they have match’s in heaven  dad is up there right now preparing for the next match and will be there to greet the rest that follow.. I wanted to tell you all personal thank you for your kind words it truly means a lot to me and for the photos of him.  It is good to see photos of my dad with so many of his friends, and doing something that he loved.

As some of you may know dad’s passion for shooting also extended to the camera, as such he was usually behind the camera instead of in front of it.  That is why these photos beyond measure. Again I want to thank you all..

Sincerely   Lisa

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Re: A Personal Thankyou..
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Lisa, please accept my condolences of the loss of your father. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Singleshotlover wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:40pm:
Lisa, please accept my condolences of the loss of your father. Frank

And mine.  It was right-much kind of you to think of US - thanks!

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

RoyB
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 7:41am
Print Post  
He sure did one thing right! He raised a GREAT daughter!
He sounds like he had a great run of it.

RIP

Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint