Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Prayer Request Please For One Of Our Best (Read 4026 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Prayer Request Please For One Of Our Best
Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Gentleman I just received word that Chuck Cleave unfortunately has some very serious life threatening health issues and has just been moved to a Hospice facility. I ask that you please add Chuck and his wife Nita to your prayer list. For those of you who were not fortunate to cross paths with Chuck, Chuck is the one who continued to provide the Javelina Schuetzen Lube to the shooting community when Jesse Smiley decided it was time to hand it down to him. Chuck is a unique individual who has a heart of Gold and he would give the shirt off of his back to help his friends. It is that heart that produced a multitude of friendships through out the Schuetzen shooting community and beyond. I am calling on those friends as well as his new found friends who just got the privilege to know a little about him to please ask the good Lord to provide Chuck and his wife Nita with the heavenly tools it takes to make it through this difficult time and the years beyond. If Schuetzen matches are held in heaven he will be back to competing with the best of the best and those long time friends who  preceded him. They will have a bench reserved and will be awaiting his arrival to start the next match. 

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day for reading this and more importantly your prayers brought about by doing so.
Barry Darr and John Louis
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:02am by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Re: Prayer Request Please For One Of Our Best
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
I had several good pictures of Chuck, but this is the only one that isn't corrupted, Chuck is on the left in a blue shirt;

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Thank you so much for sharing the picture Bob.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

LTC B

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Let us know the details of the photo. It looks like "a good time was had by all."

IP Logged

MAD MIKE
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
    Sorry to hear about Chuck, great guy, always a kind word.     That picture is from the good old days,,,back row;Chuck Cleave,Bill Bieber,Jesse Smiley, ? ,Jack Thrasher,Barry Darr,Chuck Brockway,Bo Clerke,ME,Dave Luth.                     front row, ? ,Ed Mason,Rick VanMeter,Bill Eddy,Wes Miller,Dean Lillard,Tom Orth. A who's who of the twentieth century, hate losing them, all great guys, & let's not forget Bob Tyler, who's probably taking the picture.       ...MIKE...

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
That was a great bunch of guys, and there were a few women too, Belinda Baine, Trish Robson and Debbie Duff to name a few. Those were fun times with lots of good shooting. The picture was taken at Gem Ranch, I forget what year.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 7:42pm by Schutzenbob »  

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
L-to-R Top Row; Dave Luth, Jesse Smiley, Tom Trevor, Wes Miller, Bill Bieber, Dean Lillard, Jerry Young. Bottom Row; Bill Eddy, Ed Mason, Bo Clerke, Chuck Cleave. This picture was taken outside Bo's shop in Lancaster CA, at an indoor match.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2012 at 7:57pm by Schutzenbob »  

IP Logged

ole7groove
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Chuck Cleaves family called me last evening to inform me that he passed away yesterday morning at the Loma Linda VA hospital. No memorial services are planned by his request, he always was a humble man. All those who knew him will agree he was a prince of a man, and a true and loyal friend with a heart of gold. It is with pride that I can call him dear friend.  I arrived here in California on Wednesday and was able to visit with him in the afternoon. Chuck and wife Nita were like family to mine, my 35 year old son still refers to him as uncle Chuck. Save a shooting bench for me and maybe I'll try that Javelina bullet lube.
Barry Darr

IP Logged

Lisa Cleave
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Shooting was one of my dad’s favorite passions, growing up I probably learned more about guns and horses than most young ladies, many hours where spent teaching me about bullet casting process,  the proper way to make lube, designing the perfect shooting bench, and how the last match went or looking forward to the next match.  

Growing up I was blessed with some very wonderful people Mr. Berry  Darr, Jess Smiley, and Don Small,  just to name a few. So many of you are and where family, perhaps not by blood but you all are family still the same.  I know that my dad will be greatly missed by many and I know that if they have match’s in heaven  dad is up there right now preparing for the next match and will be there to greet the rest that follow.. I wanted to tell you all personal thank you for your kind words it truly means a lot to me and for the photos of him.  It is good to see photos of my dad with so many of his friends, and doing something that he loved. 

As some of you may know dad’s passion for shooting also extended to the camera, as such he was usually behind the camera instead of in front of it.    That is why these photos beyond measure. Again I want to thank you all.. 

Sincerely   
Lisa Marie Cleave/Newcomb

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good man

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint