Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BSing 22rf, your oppinion (Read 21344 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: BSing 22rf, your oppinion
Reply #45 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
No one has said that your suggestion was not sensible only that there was no need for it as it is already covered in the current rules. If you are not in agreement the proper procedure would be  to send your request for change in writing to the board of directors for their consideration. We all know that the board does not conduct their business on this site so all of the discussions about rule changes are going unheard and all they have accomplished is to create a distraction from the original intent of the breach seating topic. 

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #46 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 1:22am
Print Post  
The official ASSRA rule book is what counts. Not what you read on the internet.
What you read on the internet is like a fart in a frying pan. 

Joe.   Grin

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #47 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
OK
I'll try to make this simpler The rule book does not tell you what you can do. It tells you what you can't do. I see no language that says that breech seating rimfire is not allowed. 
I can not speak to what went on before I became involved with the board but since I have been involved the focus has been No. 1 safety and No. 2 trying to eliminate unfair advantage. That has been the 2 considerations in every rule change since I have been involved. 
I can't see either being a problem here. While I personally shoot fixed rimfire ammunition I see nothing either dangerous or unfair about using it. 
Changing the entire rulebook because a handful of members want to litigate what is is, is simply impractical. If a local member club feels different then there is always the local Schuetzenmeister's prerogative of "Not in the spirit of the match". Schuetzenmeisters may use this in areas where they feel the rules are murky or where local custom is different from the norm.
John Merz

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Thank you. Clarity, at last. 
I'll likely never BS rimfire, and don't care if others do. 
Personally, I do not think $0.15/shot is expensive ammo considering what we pay to shoot a CF Scheutzen or BPCR round, so I'll likely continue to shoot fixed rimfire ammo. To each their own as long as it is safe and fun. At least that's why I'm shooting.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

32 ballard xl

Stand on your hind legs,
and shoot like a man.

Reply #49 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
     You're right, 15 cents a round for something like eley target ammo is quite a bargain.  Now if I could find a couple hundred rounds at that price, I'd give it a try.                                                                 [quote author=333333080F0F140512600link=1350497165/48#48 date=1350828519]Thank you. Clarity, at last. 
I'll likely never BS rimfire, and don't care if others do. 
Personally, I do not think $0.15/shot is expensive ammo considering what we pay to shoot a CF Scheutzen or BPCR round, so I'll likely continue to shoot fixed rimfire ammo. To each their own as long as it is safe and fun. At least that's why I'm shooting. [/quote]

Ballards are best!

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Expires 10/31/2012

Eley 10X is typicaly used by the top bench rest shooters at 40 cents a round not including tax.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
You know,
Sometimes I think some of the guys here forget where they are posting and carry on and rant about things that really don't make much sense.
the title of this tread is:

BSing 22 RF, YOUR  OPPINION

So I offer an opinion on how to put a stop to any and all crying and whining that may start because of the wording in the rules  ( I guess some still don't understand the meaning of the word cartridge and that it means single unit, thanks to Tenx you should all know that by now ) and just because some don't agree with it I'm trying to destroy the whole ASSRA because good match "cartridges"  are to expensive for new guys to start shooting, and now I'm trying put a stop to guys experimenting.

All I can say is BULL, the next thing some of you will want to do is put a limit on the value of a scope that can be used just so new guys can afford to get started, lets say no one can use a scope that cost over $ 200.00, ya right this way the poor guys can shoot with other poor guys. 

Please, give me a break, I bet some of you are the same ones that agree that no child will be held back, who cares if they cant read, if you hold them back there feelings will be hurt.

Do any of you really think that "new guys" will start shooting just because BSing is cheaper that buying good match ammo, get real, most new guys don't even know what BS is, and if you tell them how it's done and what they will have to do, for sure they will run away and will never be seen again.
  S T 

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #52 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
( I guess some still don't understand the meaning of the word cartridge and that it means single unit, thanks to Tenx you should all know that by now ) 

I guess we could also say that "some don't understand what the word "Ammunition" means.

Here is Mr Websters difinition of "ammunition".

Definition of AMMUNITION
1a : the projectiles with their fuses, propelling charges, or primers fired from guns 
b : cartridges 
c : explosive military items (as grenades or bombs)

Ammunition is covered under Section 2 of the ASSRA rules.

As Wayne would say, We are beating a dead horse.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #53 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:04am
Print Post  
I'll go for the scope cost restriction to keep the old rich guys from dominating all BSed .22 matches in the future.  Cheesy Lol!
Anyone shooting cheap American made ammo has to use a cheap scope. That is assuming the lead the brass and powder are all made in the US

Frank, The rule book clearly states "cartridge".  Why try to twist it around? No one is trying to stop you or anyone from shooting BSed 22s in matches. Nothing wrong with quoting the rule book. And there's no interpretation needed. It's very clear.

Whitey, A pair of 244s isnt gonna throw a scare into the old rich guys!

Joe.  Grin

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Joe that's because you are one of the old rich guys. Grin and I just wish I was.  Smiley Whitey

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #55 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
Joe that's because you are one of the old rich guys. Grin and I just wish I was.  Smiley Whitey

Whitey Whitey Whitey,  Conservative, miserly, thrifty, smart, a quarter scotch, curmudgeon, penny pincher, just scratching to get by like everyone else. 

Find which ammo/cartridges works best in your favorite rifle and buy low. Dont buy a brick, buy ten cases! Then when inflation overtakes the the ones who didnt, everyone will think you're rich.    Grin Grin

Joe.  Grin

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 9:11am
Print Post  
This thread has pretty well covered, in fact darn near buried, the original topic.   
Now it's diverging onto several different red-herring trails.  and some seem to be spiraling down into personality conflicts that have caused other threads to be locked down or even removed.
  There is some interesting and perhaps even valuable discussion here.  I personally would hate to see it lost.    PLEASE re-read and re-consider what your are saying, why you are saying it, and how you are saying it before hitting the "post message" button

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #57 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
I dont see anything wrong with the thread.  No rules have been broken.  This thread has been very entertaining.  A lot of twists and turns but certainly not spiraling downwards.  

I reread my posts and I wouldnt change a thing.  Wink

Cheer up DW.   Smiley

Joe.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #58 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
If Frank will post a list of tools and items required for BSing .22s, that might get the thread back on it's original track. 

I have a mold and know how to pull the bullets but dont know what powder charge and what type measure is required to throw the small charges. Or what powder.  A list would really help. 

Joe.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #59 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Just curious, why isnt this thread in reloading? Shouldnt it be there?  Huh

Joe.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint