Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scope (Read 2116 times)
sportslube
Oldtimer

Scope
Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
What is the groups opinion on a B+L target scope.

IP Logged

Dr Tom

Re: Scope
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
You mean the big old ones with external adjustments? According to my sample of one, a Balvar 24, the optics are quite good. I call it ugly but effective. Looks right at home mounted on the fender of a dump truck; guaranteed to ruin the lines of any classic SS. I keep mine in a drawer where the rifles can't see it, and install it just before dawn when the rifle is least attentive. A dark room is good for this.

Dr Tom

IP Logged

sportslube
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
36x40 internal adjustment

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Modern internal target scopes in high power look at High Power or Small Bore Silhouette National Championship Equipment list. Hundred odd rifles only two names Leupold and Weaver.

The 36 Weaver is not real expensive and with a proven track record is the way to go.  Thing to remember is lower price none of the "names" make scopes, they all have them made in Asia.  Thing to buy is good US based service, which is replace since none of the importers repair.   

I suspect that's why Weaver has the reputation they have good service.  If cost is an issue look at used Leupold scopes too.

Boats

IP Logged

MIKE-T
Oldtimer

[SHOOTCAST>

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:52am
Print Post  
If it is New or like New and a decent price, jump on it sportslube. 
I have used my 36x40 B&L in CBA competition for production and PB for 11+ years, most folks that use the 36x Weavers look though my B&L and say how much clearer and sharper the image is, I have never had a problem with mine after firing over 7000+ cast bullet loads using it on one rifle or another.

Make sure you put a touch of bees wax on the sun shade threads as they are a very tight precise fit on my scope, with out the Bee's wax or choke tube lube they do not want to come loose if left on for awhile.

I checked the equipment list for the 2012 CBA nationals and 2 36x B&L scopes are on it.

Mike

Only draw back may be repairs, but then mine has never had a problem so I would not know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint