Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic scop sight mounts for schutzen rifles (Read 2159 times)
peepaw
Ex Member

scop sight mounts for schutzen rifles
Sep 1st, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
some where i found a diagram of a scope sight mount that would fit on the wide schutsen dovetail found on original german schutzen rifles. This adapter fit on the wide org mount and had a standard mount on top it took 2 of these adapters which were held in place by set screas .  anyone know where i can get the plans for these things .

IP Logged

tjshooter
Participating Member

Re: scop sight mounts for schutzen rifles
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Hi I am in the UK but a firm called Sportsmatch who make a wide variety of scope mounts do an adaptor that fits15mm rails on my Haenel KK and allows standard mounts to fit on top. Internet search will find them. Cost only £20 UK  Very successful.   TJ

IP Logged

Fred Boulton
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
You want one of these---but it is the only one that I have ever seen!
Fred

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
You can get the adapters from Steve Earl but I am not sure if he would be willing to share his drawings. His bases are so reasonably priced I am not sure it would be worth the effort to make them.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

deadwooddick

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2012 at 11:13am
Print Post  
The scope rings for the CZ 527 model fit "perfectly" on several of my Haenel Kleinkaliberbuchse (KK) 22 RF rifles. IIRC, they are 16mm.

HTH

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
The easiest and quickest way is to get Steve Earle's schuetzen sight dovetail rib adapter. The clamp with four carefully made blocks from each side.  They have enough adjustment to fit a pretty wide variety of ribs.  I have found that the adjustment really helps to get the scope perfectly centered.
I have several and they fit all my Euro-schuetzens.   He sets them up with standard scope blocks but once you have one you could easily drill and tap it for Weaver or other bases so you could use other types of scopes.  They are quite low profile and look very good--really unobtrusive.   
A lot of the guys who shoot the Euro-rifles at Etna Green use them.  I have never heard a single complaint about them.  For someone who want to mount a scope without drilling and tapping a nice original barrel it is an excellent way to go.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint