Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic CPA Stevens and Shilohs (Read 9501 times)
drc

CPA Stevens and Shilohs
Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Here are some of my single shots. I am in the process of finishing some of the stockwork up. Also some of my loaded cartridges

I must confess I have single-shot-itis

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Re: CPA Stevens and Shilohs
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
drc - what distance do you shoot the rifles with the 3" verniers or are they 4"?
Nice collection

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
drc single-shot-itis is very contagious. Who have you been hanging around with as I think he is the carrier and we need to somehow get him into the WhiteHouse and to pass it around. 

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

ron
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Yes, you have a very bad sickness. I have been told that this sickness does not go away as I well know. I love the this illness.

Ron

IP Logged

drc

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
John, 

as we have talked about on the tele, I shoot a lot of long range gong matches, out to 1000 yds. better to have too much, than not enough 

the staffs are 4" with 3 3/4" of vernier usable

Dave

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
as we have talked about on the tele...
Embarrassed  Dave, sorry for not locking in on your logon!  Yes, you do have the it'is as we have discussed.  Folks, might to know, Dave works on his stocks ... on the kitchen table  Wink
Happy Easter

IP Logged

drc

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2012 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Here are some targets that I have shot. 

1. 200 yards, cross sticks, soule sights, CPA Stevens 45-70.  5 shots. I shot this in a match, and when I didn't get into the bull, I just shot for group. I have been trying to reproduce this ever since. I guess the planets just aligned.

2. 200 yards, x-sticks, soule sights, Pedersoli rechambered to 45-110, the one at 7:30 is a pulled shot

3. 200 yards, x-sticks, soule sights, custom chambered Shiloh. The cartridge is a 42-90 which is the cartridge in the picture on the far left above. It is conceptually based on the 42-100 Wesson. I used a 45 2.6 case, necked down to .429. I shoot 90 gr of 1F Goex BP.  I am currently developing this load. the 2 shots above the horizontal scoring figures are when I was adjusting the sights in. I shot this when the wind was picking up and light changing, we had a storm blowing in yesterday. As can be seen, this 42-90 will shoot. I still need to do some more fine tuning. It is a very pleasant round to shoot. 

I also have a CPA in this caliber that I am in the process of finishing the wood on.

4. this last pic is an image of the Pedersoli rifle I acquired for my son to shoot and as a backup. it is a virtual clone of a Shiloh LRE or Nbr 1 Sporter. I had it rechambered to 45-110 and am going to fit a Winchester checkered steel buttplate (from a shotgun) to the buttstock after I have the tip welded up a little to fit the cutout in the stock, and getting rid of the faux pewter tip. Once those are done, while it won't have the fit and feel of a Shiloh, will still be a rifle that I won't have to pull my hood up over my head so as not to be seen when shooting it. 

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 9:09am by drc »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint