Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is it time for a change? (Read 32359 times)
Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Re: Is it time for a change?
Reply #60 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  

J. Louis,
I am very familiar with Bench Rest Central and post there,  it has twice as many sections to it than this site and most everyone gets along just fine.

It has all the things you don't seem to need such as a  G D  section, and a For Sale section, and many other sections such as a Rimfire section, Center Fire section, even a Air Gun section, etc., etc. etc.

If you like the Bench Rest Central site you should love this site because it's only for Single Shot Rifles that shoot lead bullets.

Bench Rest Central is home to at least 10 different  Bench Rest associations, has all kinds of sections to it and no one seems to complain about much of anything,  just exchanging info and getting answers to questions. Once in awhile there may be an exchange of "words" in the Rim Fire section but it was mostly because of one guy, he's now gone and I guess things are back to normal.

As far as the site providing a direct link to the board of directors  as a means to address members questions, needs,  and or concerns about the organization, why not.  It's a ASSRA members site.

Are you saying that you don't want to see member involvement in the ASSRA ?. 

One thing that is different between the ASSRA site and the Bench Rest Central site is that the ASSRA site is owned and operated by the ASSRA and it's members, and I believe that ASSRA members should be involved in ASSRA business. 

Bench Rest Central is owned by one person, not the members that use it,  and it makes money for the owner. 

The amazing thing about Bench Rest Central is that with the many, many, more sections that it has, and being a forum home to at least 10 different associations, there seems to be no problems, or at least very little problems. 

I can ask questions of any of the officials of the different associations and get answers. I can post to any of the sections of Bench Rest Central I want, OR if I'm not interested in Air Rifles I wont go into the A R section.
  S T.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #61 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Set_Trigger I am sick and tired of you telling me what my interests are and it would be highly appreciated on my behalf if you were to be gracious enough to stay out of this conversation until such time it would be deemed appropriate. I was asked a question by BP of which I just recently answered on his behalf not yours or anyone else's period!

To set the record straight my goal is to achieve the utmost in accuracy of which I have freely shared on this site as I have been moving forward and I have provided honest, safe and proven information as I have progressed by posting my results at the target for those individuals who might be trying to achieve the same goal for their review.

In regards to my interests it is unfortunate that you really don't seem to have a clue as to what they are as they run the full gamut from casting bullets to building rifles and I find it inappropriate behavior on your behalf to find the need to speak on mine. I am and have been very willing and capable to speak on my own and it does not require any assistance from you. 

J.Louis
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:14pm by JLouis »  

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #62 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Jim others, I personally really like this site. I read great posts all the time, whether on accuracy, gun smithing, match info, classified, there is always great sharing of knowledge. The one thing I hate is when it all falls apart because of personnel agendas/opinions/attitudes (especially often between the traditional vs everything else items), We all are shooters and are getting to be a smaller group all the time. As said earlier if I don't like something I just don't have to read it or comment. I honestly am not sure where this thread is headed but I keep reading (my fault) to see where we are going (like watching a wreck). But I hope before this gets uglier it gets there and we can respect the polite (hopefully) opinions that get us there and move on. JMO Bob

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #63 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Sorry J Louis, but I see nothing offensive in Set_Triger's last post. I am here to learn and share info. I hate it when people take this stuff too seriously and I said it before. I have no interest in achieving ultimate accuracy from any gun that I own but more power to you on  your quest for that perfect target score. I think it is time to lock this thread and go back to having fun with out single shot rifles, in what ever manner that makes each of us happy, Live and let live and just let it go.

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
J. Louis,
I understand what your saying,  but you know very well that this is a "forum" if you want private mail to BP send private mail to BP, yes I'm telling you this.

More or less like you advised others to do, exchange e mail addresses with others so you did not have to read what they have to say. 

It seems that your good at giving out that type of advice but don't like it when others give it back to you. I don't know what your problem is but  it's guys like you that discourage others that have a different interest in Single Shot Rifles than you have, you were one of the reasons I quit before and will probably be the reason I quit again. It seems that If things don't go your way everyone else is wrong and can go to ****.

Isn't it just amazing that Bench Rest Central with 10 different associations and many, many, thousands of members does not have the problem you have caused here.  All because you don't like the way the ASSRA forum is being run, yes, it may not be run to your likening but so what. It is what it is and has been doing just fine without your expertise. 

I appreciate the time and effort that the mods and others have put into this forum and I'm sure others do as well, at least their not complaining about it being all wrong because it's not following your perceived "intent". 

I'll let others suffer with your nonsense, your only here to talk to others as long as they agree with you. Now your telling me to stay out of this conversation until such time it would be deemed appropriate, appropriate by who ?.

Do I have to tell you what most guys would call that, I hope not. At any rate 
I'm out of here, not because of what you said, just because of your attitude toward others in general.
  S T.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:12am by Jim_Borton »  

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #65 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Get a life this has nothing to do with you it is a request from BP to address his questions not yours.   

J. Louis

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2011 at 9:24pm by JLouis »  

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #66 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

May I respectfully request that we take a long deep breath, and then go back to slowly re-read the very first post of this topic with as much emotional detachment as we are able to individually muster? 

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #67 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
I went back and read the first post.  First three words are "to the membership". 

Joe.  Smiley

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #68 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
BP you have reluctantly been on my *** to provide you with my response of which I just recently provided and now you are asking to take a break of which you were not willing to provide to me!

Not knowing the actual reasoning in regards to your request would you please be willing to share why you have opted to put this conversation off until such time as it would better fit your needs?

J. Louis
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:11am by Jim_Borton »  

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #69 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
That is correct Joe and then a question was directed to me from BP for me to answer so please wait patiently behind the scenes as BP and myself work though it as we do not require any assistance from the outside to be able to accomplish the task at hand.

J.Louis

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #70 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Okay, but would you please hurry up and answer BPs questions so we can get the poll started, please.   

Joe.   Smiley

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #71 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 3:58am
Print Post  
John,

I went back to check my last post and I see that I requested that we take a long deep "breath", e.g. inhale slowly - hold - exhale slowly.

The second part of my last post was due to the fact that we were experiencing higher than forecast winds aloft (tongue-in-cheek, and not an unexpected occurrence), and I felt we should consult the old Kane Dead Reckoning Computer and make a slight adjustment to the wind correction angle in order to maintain a proper heading. Hence my request that we all dispassionately go back to slowly re-read the initial post and review our proposed destination (somewhat-tongue in cheek, but I think everyone will catch my drift - and yes, that was an extremely lousy pun).

John, after considering your response, I, in my opinion, seem to be able to rapidly find the positive attributes you've mentioned already present and ongoing. The members freely exchange our experiences and info, and provide assistance insofar as we are able to, on all aspects of our sport with safety in mind, on this website and in its present form.

Where I find an area of contention raised is in respect to the regular members' ability to readily interact with the ASSRA Board members.

Am I correct in saying that you feel the way we need to bring this forum back into proper alignment with its original intent would be to:
1) isolate the general membership from the Board, and vice versa, 
And 
2) separate the ASSRA, as an organization, from its own forum as well? 

Have I inadvertently missed anything you wished to relay?

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Reply #72 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
OK GUYS!
Your all pushing the rule on this!
If u want to slam someone do it in a PM.
NOT ON THE OPEN FORUM
Jim

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

tenx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #73 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:51am
Print Post  
I guess my opinion isn't wanted.... but I'll give it anyway.  Smiley

I've been around SS rifles most of my life starting with ML'ers back in the mid 50's. As mentioned earlier if you don't like the forum, or parts of it, then leave or only look at those sections you do like.

Personally I only look at the General, Single Shot, & Reloading sections. I'm not a gunsmith, or collector, and the SS club I belong to isn't affiliated with the ASSRA altho I think most of the members are ASSRA members, so very seldom look at the scores. Basically the rest of the forum I don't even bother to look at most of the time unless one of the messages in the "Latest" column seems interesting. Probably miss a lot of interesting things, but that's my problem.

As far as I'm concerned the Forum looks ok to me as it stands and seems to cover all phases and interests of the various people that get on here. Other than a "humor" section I don't believe I've ever seen anyone suggesting adding anything else.

So if your taking a poll put me down as leaving things the way they are.

Pete

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #74 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
BP to use this site as a stepping stone to continually demean the board of directors is inappropriate behavior and I have seen it happening on a continuous basis in the general discussions section thus my dislike for it. I do feel it would be in the best interest of this site to isolate the general membership from the board and all board related issues. Those gentleman enjoy this sport just as much or more than others and it is an injustice for them not to be able get on this site to enjoy its content also. As stated earlier they all have contact information via e-mail and or phone and that should be their means of contact. Separating the board as well as all board related issues would provide the same results as separating the forum from ASSRA. This site needs to maintain a positive attitude for it to be productive and negativity should not be accepted just as foul language and personnel attacks will not be. There are additional changes that could be made to improve this site but I don't want to get off track with the subject matter at hand.

J.Louis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint