Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is it time for a change? (Read 32346 times)
harry_eales
Ex Member

Re: Is it time for a change?
Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I have been following this thread with interest, and when I logged on this morning (0630 hrs GMT) I noted that there were now three pages to this one subject, and, according to the Forum Index the last post was by Westerner. If you actually go to this subject there are only two pages now.  Undecided

So, where has page three gone along with Joe's post, and possibly those of other contributors? 

Harry

Edit. I notice the above post is now the first on a new page three, but Joe's post is still missing.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:28am
Print Post  
While quite new here and to BPCR shooting in general, this is easily the friendliest, most helpful and informative shooting forum of any sort that I've been on. So much so that I rarely visit the others. I think this forum does an excellent job and hope that it does not change. If it has evolved, then it has done so well. As stated before, if you don't like a thread or forum, then don't get on it. If not used, they will die a natural death.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have been following this thread with interest, 
So, where has page three gone along with Joe's post, and possibly those of other contributors? 

Harry

Edit. I notice the above post is now the first on a new page three, but Joe's post is still missing.

If Joe removed it, he might could say so.
If a moderator removed for cause that should be stated publicly.
  (that is one of the changes that needs to be added to the rules)
If the phantom got it there's no explanation.

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have been following this thread with interest, and when I logged on this morning (0630 hrs GMT) I noted that there were now three pages to this one subject, and, according to the Forum Index the last post was by Westerner. If you actually go to this subject there are only two pages now.  Undecided

Harry

Hi Harry. I deleted my own post.  It seemed to deviate from the subject thread.  Trying not to post on the subject but had a weak moment.   

Joe.   Smiley

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

joeb33050
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:32am
Print Post  
boats wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:42pm:
Believe I am a charter forum member and have no advice to give or comment to make.

Boats

I think you're absolutely wrong on this, and shouldn't take such a stand. Maybe. Or perhaps not. Either way, I disagree.
joe b.

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
joeb33050 wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:32am:
boats wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:42pm:
Believe I am a charter forum member and have no advice to give or comment to make.

Boats

I think you're absolutely wrong on this, and shouldn't take such a stand. Maybe. Or perhaps not. Either way, I disagree.
joe b.

Grin

or 

Angry

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
assra #9885
IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
[ [/quote]

Hi Harry. I deleted my own post.  It seemed to deviate from the subject thread.  Trying not to post on the subject but had a weak moment.  

Joe.   Smiley
[/quote]

Thanks for that Joe, obviously deleting the post doesn't get rid of all the data on who posted last to a particular thread.

Harry

IP Logged

mwhite49
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #37 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
I agree with slumlord, I would want to see a seperate area for Stevens and or Ballards. But in the past at other forums these smaller sub forums seem to die an ugly death. Some of them have had no posts in a couple of years. Now talk about stagnation. I for one like the forum as is and where it is. Sure it could use a small tune up once in a while but all in all I think OUR Forum is the best out there by far. 
Have a great day and enjoy the forum.
Mike

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #38 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Just for clarification purposes in an effort to eliminate any confusion the site the group of individuals I am referring to during the inception of and prior to the development of this Web site were meeting on the mIRC chat line.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

32 ballard xl

Stand on your hind legs,
and shoot like a man.

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Since I'm not a member, I don't expect anyone to care what I think.  But that said,  I hope they don't change it.  It is very useful to me as is.  It's the only forum site I visit regularly, because it's so full of neato info!! Wink

Ballards are best!

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Not sure I am considered a chartered member or not, and frankly to me I don't care either way, but I did participate on the old mIRC chat and MSN site on a regular basis so I have been around for some time.

For the most part, people posting here behave themselves when I compare this to other sites. They keep on topic of old single shots and the keeping, loading and shooting them. Overall a friendly exchange. Like someone else said, in any serious hobby, opinions are sometime very strongly put. Having this a typed exchange most voice inflections are lost and someone percieves a challenge to thier opinion or experience. This is where it goes offtrack and one of us moderators has to shut the discussion down, or in bad cases removes someones post to limit the fuel to the fire. It's not something done haphazzardly or taken lightly by myself and I think the other moderators too. My usual proceedure is to PM offenders who posted material removed and let them know why. Some people after rereading thier post decide to remove thier own post, which anyone can do BTW. Then of course the moderators are immediately suspected of doing that. So be it.

Anyway, I think the forum is a good mix of topics. If you don't want to enter a particular section, don't. That is your choice but my opinion is to leave all that is here alone. I do like the idea of a lighter section for stories, tastful jokes, recipies etc though.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and learn something new about single shots! But beware...."the shadow knows!"(insert manicial laughter) Cool Cool.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Thank you MI you are indeed one of the individuals I was referring to and your response is highly appreciated on the behalf of myself and this forum. Now it is my hopes to have the others who were there at that point in time join you prior to my making the presentation of what we all dreamed of in our discussions prior to the creation of this site and its current location.   

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #42 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I've got a great idea! J. Louis, why not just post a list of everyone who is considered worthy enough to be included in your discussion, then the moderators here can set up your own little forum within this forum, and nobody who's not on that list can participate?
That way you can discuss exactly what you want, and not be bothered having to sort through all the rest of this fine forum, and the things the rest the members post. 
You could even have a secret password and handshake! Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2011 at 10:30am by marlinguy »  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

tenx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #43 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Marlinguy,

If your talking about J. Louis I believe his first name is John. Anyway that's the name he uses in emailing me.

I assume you are just joking but there are forums, or used to be anyway, that in order to get into the "Smoking Room" you have/had to be invited, or recommended by someone within the group.

Some forums, like the CBA Forum, require you to register in order to even see anything on there other than section headings. Here, anyone that wants to, whether you sign up or not, can see just about everything here.

I don't think anything your suggesting is necessary here. By and large everyone plays nice. Like some have mentioned on here. Many forums are nothing but places to show the other guy up. One guy once told me about a forum he was on, that if you even misspelled a word, or put in a wrong punctuation in your message a dozen people would be on you like stink on a week old carcass.

Pete

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #44 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Here's a serious suggestion:

Some folks are upset that WE pay for a service that OTHERS use.

Put in an annual fund-raiser (like castboolets is doing right now to raise $ for their annual server fee).

That way lots of folks that are and aren't MEMBERS fund the forum.

I'm not sure how to get the idea on THE BOARD's agenda; but it is a serious proposal.

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
assra #9885
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint