Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Blocked from new Etna Green Thread? (Read 5811 times)
slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Blocked from new Etna Green Thread?
Aug 8th, 2011 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
I just replied to it and now I can't access it. Don't think I said anything out of line. Whats up??

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Blocked from new Etna Green Thread?
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
And now the thread is gone?? I know I did not say anything that was that bad. So whats up??

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 12:15am
Print Post  
slumlord44 wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 8:19pm:
And now the thread is gone?? I know I did not say anything that was that bad. So whats up??

Hi  slumlord44,
So much for a member having a right to their opinion, it seem that you can have one as long as it doesn't ruffle the feathers or go against the ideas of some others. All I can say is that for your post to get dumped it must have been real bad, or really up set someone enough that they did not want any other members to see it. Locking it is one thing, but dumping it, well just how many bad words did it have ? I don't mean cuss words, just bad words in eyes of some others. Be thankful they didn't dump you, if that happened you couldn't even ask why.
  S T

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:28am
Print Post  
I started the thread.

When it got to containing personal comments putting down others, I asked that it be locked.  (It was properly removed, thanks to the moderators.)

EVERYONE has a right to whatever oppinion they want.  Inseparable from that is the responsibility to behave within the rules.

I don't think the rules here are well written.  They need to be consolodated.  Behaviors need to be linked with consequenses.

Enforcement of them needs to include a note from the moderator to the offending poster as to the reason.

We are grown-ups.  We can certainly afford to be a little more polite to ensure pissing contests don't start from the all-to-easy-to-misinterpret statements seen here.

It is the reputation of this forum and culture of Scheutzen Riflery that is at stake.

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Dave
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Seems like this stuff comes up every twenty eight days like clock work.  Kind of like being married.

You guys taking hormones or something?  Maybe some of that San Francisco stuff from out in Pelosi country?   Wink

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Good comparison - OTR!

Grin

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
assra #9885
IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Cat_Whisperer wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:28am:
It is the reputation of this forum and culture of Scheutzen Riflery that is at stake.
Being relatively new here, could you tell me what the "reputation of this forum" might be? Just to show you how new I am, could you also explain what the "culture of Scheutzen Riflery" is that is at stake? Inquiring minds and all that.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I'll let you come to your own conclusions.   Wink

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
assra #9885
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
SSShooter those who are dedicated to this sport are the best one could encounter in ones lifetime. Unfortunately there are a few of those who don't agree and continue to challenge the integrity of those who truly care and have been elected to be in charge of our needs through the election process. 

What is at stake?  This Web Site Josh Borton created it on behalf of a handful of individuals back in 2004 and he has continued to maintain it on behalf of those individuals who called on his abilities to create it back in April of 2004 including Charlie Dell who took the time to write and publish a book with the assistance of Wayne Schwartz titled "The Modern Schuetzen Rifle" on our behalf.

As a charter member who called on Josh's exceptional talents to create this site by his father Jim Borton on the behalf of a handful of individuals who were and still are extremely dedicated and serious to teach and recruit others into this sport by their tried and trued methods to be able not only to join in but to excel in this sport by their freely shared knowledge gained over the years by dedication, hard work and an unselfish commitment to support those who truly show a passion.

Unfortunately those individuals have had their hard work, integrity and hard earned knowledge challenged by those individuals who claim to know it all but have not been able to provide any proof of the extreme knowledge they have to share of which could only be proofed by their results on their targets as a means of verification and proven substance of which they have not shared?

I do not include myself in that elite group of individuals as I am still eager and willing to listen to what they have to share in an effort to be able to excel with in my limited abilities.

With that being said if it were up to me I would pull the plug and leave it up those individuals who know it all but have not provided any means to substantiate their knowledge to create their own web site but that is just my opinion.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Hi J. Louis,
Very glad to see your opinion, but then anyone that has been around here for awhile already knows what your opinion and agenda is. 

Anyway here's my opinion on the subject, hope it doesn't get dumped just because it does not agree with yours.

My Opinion:
From reading your past writings you are a shooter above everything else, it's evident that in your mind shooting comes before everything, I don't see anything wrong with that thinking, you are a shooter, you said in one of your post you could care less about the General Discussion section of the forum, yet here you are typing away in the G D section.

I believe you also said you could live without the section for members to do their buying, selling, and trading of shooting items, or didn't care if members had a section for buying, selling, and trading shooting equip. 
Or something to that effect, I don't remember your exact words but I don't think I'm that far off.

It's well understood that you want things your way, or at least the way you think things should be. I very well may be mistaken but I think that ASSRA has room for all Single Shot enthusiast, shooters, collectors, sellers, researchers, tinkers, etc. 

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if I don't like some of the sections of the forum I have a right not to participate in those sections, as a ASSRA member I have every right to ignore all the sections I have no use for.

But it would be very selfish of you, I,  or anyone else to try an do away with the General Discussion section or any of the other sections just because you can live without them or have no use for them. that's no reason for others to be deprived of such sections just because you and maybe a few others have no use for them.

I'm not going to say what I think this type of thinking sounds like, if I did I'm sure it would get dumped.
You have a right to voice your Opinion, Thanks for letting us hear it
  S T

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Set_triger has prety much the exact thoughts that I have on the matter. I am more of a serious collector and casual shooter. I have not even startd reloading yet but I have accumulated most of the needed equipment and will eventualy get in to reloading. I joined the ASSRA specificaly because of the website and the way it is currently set up. The magazine is nice but the website is of more help to me. Lots of good people willing to help with their knowledge. We need to keep together so we can all keep our second ammendment rights. We split up and start bickering with each other over details and we all may lose.

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Most of what i have drawn from this sight has been opinions. Like something else everyone has one. I did not know it was set up for the scheutzen comunity. I thought we dealt mostly with the quest for acuracy in SS rifles and their colectability and repair. My off hand rifle is my Winchester garand which I would never consider trading to a scheutzen. I also prefer my Martinis over my highwalls and Trapdore and Sharps. My most recent aquisition has been a Baretta mod 72 22lr which i can shoot from my garage. So I guess I am a partial collector and shooter. This site has been a wealth of information for me as the people here are very versitile. They have an answer for everything.
Are the founders of this site still active? 
Tom

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:55am
Print Post  
As I read these ongoings, it came to mind that there is a commonality among some member names that keep reocurring when a brouhaha breaks out.  So to satisfy my curiousity, I looked back at their last 15 posts and low and behold, there were several of the same member names in the mix.  Many always seem to want to challenge a rule or a board member's call on something from as simple as what the definition of sand is to how they should spend ASSRA money to why don't they do this.  These types of people seem to just enjoy making life miserable for somebody else.  One hasn't even posted in over 5 months but as soon as something breaks out, here they are. They can make accusations but when it's pointed out that they were wrong, they don't even have the nads to apologize.
We have members like that in my club that always seem to have the ideas such as we should do this or build that but when the time comes for the project work to be done, guess what? They're a no show.
I watched one shooting club fold because no matter how hard the board members tried, they couldn't make everybody happy and they just got tired and quit.  To nobody's surprise, nobody stood up to take over.
ASSRA is a small group of shooters with common interests held together by a small group of fellows around Etna Green.  Quit challenging every interpretation of the rule or the boards decisions as you may end up with another bunch of guys quitting something they love.
I would like to make it clear that I know none of the board members personally, I don't shoot schuetzen but I do love single shots and the commraderie on this forum and I'd hate to lose it. I hope we can all lighten up a little.  Bob Saathoff
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2011 at 5:02pm by Old-Win »  

IP Logged

Renegadebgp
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Well said Bob. I look mostly at Buy, sell, trade because I want a highwall. I also look at the the other sections when I am in here so I don't miss some good material. Bickering made me leave several forums. It is easy to misread or understand intentions in print and this always leads to trouble. I enjoy looking at every photo of a gun that is posted. Let's keep the guns at the top of the list of priorities and we all gain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint