Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Etna Green (Read 9354 times)
bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Etna Green
Jul 30th, 2011 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Is there camping at the range, and what kind of conveniences exist (showers, bathrooms, electricity)?

IP Logged

Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Re: Etna Green
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
There is elect. hook ups, shower room and restrooms. And a club house!

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Thanks Jim

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
There are spots you can  tent camp or camper camp.  I camp in a tent.   Just don't pitch the tent under the big oak tree if there's a storm brewin'.   stuff falls out of the tree!

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Thanks I'll keep that in mind

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
bnice - did you get my pm - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

sakoman
Senior Forum Member

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 9:52am
Print Post  
What is the date of the big shoot or shoots at Etna Green?

Thanks

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Dates of every match at Beeson Range is listed in the Single Shot Journal.  Every member gets one.

IP Logged

jeffer1942
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Target Sales

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Match dates are listed in the "Announcements" section of this Forum...

Jeff

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dates of every match at Beeson Range is listed in the Single Shot Journal.  Every member gets one.

Guess he told you sakoman,  and from a board member no less, now you will have to join  ASSRA to find out the real "secret" dates.    Grin
 O C S
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:21pm by »  

IP Logged

Procrustes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  

It was rude and totally unsportsmen like

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Where else would the ASSRA advertise their matches? The post was a little blunt but as editor I know first hand how much information is printed in the Journal and ignored. Sometimes I think I need to set myself on fire to get some information noticed. When you run full-page and half page ads with the information and the vast majority get the Journal and still send me checks to buy targets or books. 
I could cut my postage bill by 2/3s I didn't have to re-direct mail to the proper and posted places. Sometimes I think all you guys do is look at the pictures.

40 Rod

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
40_Rod wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:30am:

Sometimes I think all you guys do is look at the pictures.

40 Rod

And why not?  They're GOOD pictures!

Good enough for a calendar.   

I can hear it now, "Did you see Miss November?  Such a beautiful Ballard, not just a common High Wall."

Wink Cheesy

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Come on 40 Rod, that's not like you to insinuate that a lot of ASSRA members are that dumb, I would expect that type of response from some others but not from you. 

All sakoman did was ask a simple direct question, all it required was a simple direct answer like jeffer1942  gave, but right away some of you guys assume that he's a ASSRA member and should know where to look for match dates. 

This kind of rude and disrespectful attitude may be why ASSRA is not growing, it's bad enough when members disrespect other members but when some officials do it it's even worse. 

Please don't forget, this forum is not for ASSRA members only and I would bet there are at least as many non-members as there are members, maybe more non-members that members, so even though some may think a lot of members aren't smart enough to read the Journal ( only look at the pictures ) there are a lot of guys on this forum that are not members, and with the disrespect and attitude shown by some of the officials they may never become members. 

40 Rod, I'm really surprised at what you wrote about some of our members. Like I've said, that doesn't seem like you to say something like that on an open to the public forum.
 O C S

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
OCC
First of all as far as I am concerned this is an ASSRA website and everyone on it is or SHOULD be a member. I am sorry that you are offended but when you have forwarded as many target orders or membership forms with the correct address printed at the bottom and book requests you might feel this way also on occasion. If you had asked as many members what their membership number is so I can process their free ad and am told they don't know, they threw their card away, so I should look it up myself. When members complain when their ad isn't in the Journal when they sent it to me last week. So sue me! I am not their mother I don't have to think that everything that they do is peachy. It is no wonder that we have to beg people to step up and take a board slot because members have the idea that we are some kind of indentured servants. Put here to make their slacker lives effortless. Snap it up start a match next door so I don't have to drive oh and it better be free. I don't like that rule change it now. How come I actually have to be a member to get stuff? That's against the American way. I've about had it.

40 Rod

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint