Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Etna Green (Read 9369 times)
jeffer1942
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Target Sales

Re: Etna Green
Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Come on guys, get a grip!  In case you missed it, I posted a reply immediately following KAFs, that stated that all ASSRA matches are listed in the "Announcements" section of this forum...do you ever check?, or do you want to nit-pick over a non-issue???

Jeff

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
40 Rod,
I agree, this is a ASSRA website  and everyone on it is or SHOULD be a member. BUT, that's not the way it is. 

As I'm sure you know it's OPEN to the public, and everything you do or say is viewed by the public. You and other officials are representatives of ASSRA and what the officials do and say is a reflection of ASSRA.

The officials should not tolerate any one with a bad attitude or anyone disrespecting others. If the members cant trust the officials to take care of guys on here with bad attitudes, or guys that disrespect others then I don't think there are doing there job. 

I've always tried to help in any positive way I could, when you needed brass for your 32 article in the Journal I sent it right away,  when I thought you may need help with the equipment list I volunteer to help with it, not just talk about it like some others did.

The big bottom line is that when the bad attitude and  disrespect comes from the ASSRA officials others set back and think, do I want to become a member of an Association that is being run by a bunch of disrespectful officials ? or as some would say a bunch of title holding bullies that has no interest in promoting the ASSRA in a positive way.

No disrespect, but this is how some may see the "attitude" of some officials.

I just never thought that you as an editor would write something like you did and have it viewed by the whole world.

Again, no disrespect but,  if like you said "I've about had it"  maybe it's time you step down and let someone with more tolerance take on the job and promote ASSRA with respect and in a more "friendly"  manner.   

I realize that everyone has a point where enough is enough and maybe it's time for some to take a break.
  O C S

IP Logged

jeffer1942
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Target Sales

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
OCS:

I don't know whether you are an ASSRA member or not.  This forum allows contributors to voice their opinion.  Agree or disagree but not be disrespectful or disagreeable.  I did not find anything that 40 Rod wrote to be in any way offensive.  He, like many get frustrated with all of the "experts" who are easily offended or who have a point of view that is different from others.  You find his rhetoric offensive so he should step down?...how about you run the Journal, beg for articles, collate the information and get it to the printers on time.  Have you ever been to Etna Green?  Have you ever tried to run for a directors slot?  It's very easy to criticize from afar.

This thread started as a simple question about Etna Green and the camping facilities and look how far it has gotten off course.  

Anyone with access to a computer can easily find out all they need to know about our matches, the dates and rules, without being spoon fed answers to their questions.

As I said earlier, get a grip and stop griping (pun intended).

Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
 I'd like to reply, but I can't think of respectful way to reply to being called a "title holding bully".   Cry
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:45pm by Jeff_Schultz »  

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
40 Rod your comment I have about had it kind of reminds me of me I was the ASSRA match director for our club for approx. 10 years of which I really enjoyed with the exception of the same type of un-called for abuse that you are currently putting up with so I resigned and have not regretted doing so. In the years I ran the matches of which were pretty much thankless it was just assumed that it was my responsibility to keep everyone happy and to keep the matches going. I found that point in time to be very interesting as I started receiving calls and e-mails asking me to reconsider my resignation, how good of a job I had done over the years as well as concerns of who would keep the matches running etc. That whole scenario kind of reminds me of that saying you don't know what you got till its gone. The bottom line was it was no longer my problem and it is allot more enjoyable to just come out and shoot than to purchase targets, get to the range early to put up the target frames, make coffee, sign up the shooters, collect the money, assign the benches, score targets, give out the awards and put the target frames back into storage for the next match and then to send in the scores to the ASSRA so they could be published. Just think how nice it would be to just pickup your Journal and to browse through it at your leisure if there was still a Journal being published for you to read and if not oh well it wouldn't be your problem!

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff,
First let me congratulate you on a job very well done with Target Sales.  I've had some problems in the past but since you took over it was, no problem, I'll get them right out to you, and I believe that's the way it should be. It was a joy dealing with you.

Yes I am a dues paying member, but that should not have any bearing on what some consider disrespectful answers with attitude to members or non-members questions.

If you did not think the answers from KAF were rude and that the 40 Rod post was not offensive to other members that's your opinion and you have a right to voice it. 

But, 40 Rod himself said that the answer may have been a little blunt, all that had to be done was what you did, point the person in the right direction for the answer to his question. 

Jeff, 
40 Rod is the one that said he had enough, all I did was agree and that maybe he should take a break. 

To answer you questions of me, "how about you run the Journal"
I've done that three times in past years, not the ASSRA Journal but other Associations that were similar.

"Have you ever been to Etna Green"
No I haven't but I've shot in and supported a lot of ASSRA matches,  but what does that have to do with being rude ?.

"Have you ever tried to run for a directors slot ?" 
Yes I have, many times and have served many years as a director with different associations, in fact at this time I'm on the BOD of a national shooting association, and I have never been disrespectful or shown a bad attitude to any of the members that I represent, but this is not about me.

It's about how some officials treat others with there answers such as, it's in the Journal, Every member gets one. Well that's ok I guess,  but do you think that maybe the person asking the question is not a member, and may not want to be because of all this. Your answer to sakoman  was not nasty or smart and that's way it should have been answered in the beginning, 
O C S

IP Logged

Old Center Shot
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff_Schultz wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 5:27pm:
 I'd like to reply, but I can't think of respectful way to reply to being called a "title holding bully".   Cry

Jeff S.
Keep thinking on it, I'm sure you can come up with something. 
I don't think the guys that told me that had you in mind.  Wink
  O C S

IP Logged

jeffer1942
Senior Forum Member
ASSRA Target Sales

Reply #22 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
OCS:

You make some very good points and I always appreciate amiable discussion.  Your service on other boards is a tribute to you and I did not mean to demean your contributions.  I thought there was some piling on and wanted to defend 40-Rod.

You are correct in that the the initial response was indeed uncalled for and very abrupt and I probably would have taken offence as well.  

It's amazing how these things seem to spin out of control on the forum.  

It's probably time to put this little tempest in a teapot to bed?

Regards,
Jeff

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Ok folks. Lets all take a break from this thread. If you think it is necessary to continue, you will have to do it by starting another thread. EVERYONE keep in mind to keep your comments civil and follow the rules of posting on the forum.

Ed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint