Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cataract Mounts?? (Read 2467 times)
Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Cataract Mounts??
Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I'm new to the Lyman Supertarget/Unertl/Fecker mounts and was hoping you guys could help me with some info.  In the picture, these were listed as dehorned mounts.  What does that mean in terms of repeatability?  Were they designed to be set for one distance and just left there or could they be easily changed for differnt yardages and wind conditions?  Do some mounts seem to be more readable and repeatable than others or are they pretty similar?  Thanks.  Bob

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 42 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Cataract Mounts??
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
I think the only difference is they do not have the vanier knobs to visually tell where you are. I had one at one time and same 1/4 min. clicks for 7 1/4" spacing, just as repeatable as regular unertl

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
I had a Unertl Varmit with de-horned knobs. Same repeatable clicks as a target just low knobs for field use.

Boats

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
So, if I had one on a .22 and shot at 200 yds, and then wanted to shoot at 50yds, do you remember how many clicks down?? If it has no vernier and you wanted to move it to another rifle; is there a way of knowing what the new rifle's zero setting should be?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint