Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ASSRA and WY Scheutzen? (Read 15443 times)
bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: ASSRA and WY Scheutzen?
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
A few other differences, ASSRA is mostly reentry matches with a few 1 time shoot matches. I don't think any are real shoulder to shoulder, just shoot at any time (during match) and at your leisure . ISSA and WSU all 1 chance shoulder to shoulder matches. ASSRA has a open class you can use shooting coats and I think so does the WSU.  

Also St Louis has as many covered points if not more and could handle a major match as well as Raton. (and is in the middle of the country.

IP Logged

38_Cal
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
bnice wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:11pm:

Also St Louis has as many covered points if not more and could handle a major match as well as Raton. (and is in the middle of the country.

And with better access for the majority of folks.

David

David Kaiser
Montezuma, IA

IP Logged

rhbrink

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I vote for St Louis, shoulder to shoulder, re-entry, Hudson match. Never been to any one of them guess that makes me a newbie. But I think that it would be great to get some sort of national shoot going once a year. Thats my two cents worth anyway.

Richard

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Make it St. Louis and I'm in and can probably bring along a couple of others.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
The logistic's of it can be worked out. The NRA holds big matches in most parts of the country. I think having divisions such as west, Central and East would be a good thing, too. Possibly even 6 divisions to account for Northern and Southern areas. That would build rivalry between areas, always a good thing for competition. 

Hold qualifying regional matches and then one or two big national matches always held at different locations.

One other aspect is how to bring in younger shooters. Money would be a draw for all ages and working with High power groups to interest there young shooters would be the best way, I think.

The future is in the young not, us old farts. I have wondered what the next 20 years will bring for our guns and sport. When I started this, I was 41 and was considered a "kid". I would like to see people in there 20's and 30's fall in love with these guns. There must be a way......

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
I like things the way they are. I can shoot my picket rifles and slug guns and percussion schuetzens at NRC and WSU events.  Cant do that in NRA, ASSRA, ISSA events.  Having four organizations works for me.  

We, SS shooters are a tiny tiny part of the shooting scene in the US. I dont think we need another NRA to govern us.  

This is an old farts game. 20 - 30 year olds are not interested. My son is in Brazil chasing girls.  A daughter is in Germany having babies.

Old farts rule!

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
And thus it took its last breath and died a natural death. So much for loving a sport enough to want to see it go beyond yourself.

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I think Joe summed it up.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Bnice
St Louis is certainly a candidate location for a national schuetzenfest. They actually have 60 firing points but using two relays, 120 shooters could be accommodated. One drawback to St Louis is the lack of on-site RV facilities or housing. I don’t know about the membership makeup of the ASSRA or WSU but the ISSA has a large contingent of RV campers. 
My earlier statement about Whittington Center was in the context of home ranges. As St Louis is not the home range of any of the schuetzen organizations, the logistics of putting on a shoot there would be a challenge. It would probably take coordination and pooling of resources from the several schuetzen groups to pull off such a match. The thought of it certainly peaks my interest though.
I’ll repeat my earlier closing:
Any takers?

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
bnice wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:14pm:
And thus it took its last breath and died a natural death. So much for loving a sport enough to want to see it go beyond yourself.

Man!  You sound like you need a hug, a happy pill and some rocky road ice cream. 

Heavy on the doom and gloom there Bnice.   

Joe.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
The year 2030.............and then there were none. But, then who would care. All our guns will be locked up in collectors safe's, never to to be used again.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Last time I was down there they told me they have 90 RV hook ups

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #27 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Then theres the NRA where you can shoot BPCS.  Thats five organizations.

Long range?  Who handles that?  

Nice to have so many organizations supporting single shots in so many different disciplines.  Yes, I think it's good.  

Now the price of gas and diesel, thats some real doom and gloom there!

Joe.  Smiley

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
This is an old farts game.

You betcha Red Ryder! 
Young adults are busy spending their hard earned money raising kids, paying mortgages, buying cars, pickups and SUVs and the fuel, electronic notebooks and black berry phones, and all the other necessities of life. They don't have a lot of leftover money to buy our fancy equipment and play this game after covering the bills. 

But then:
Quote:
All our guns will be locked up in collectors safe's, never to to be used again.

Yep, they will be, for awhile, until the widow or the kids decide they need the room that old gun safe is taking up for something else, and those prize shooters and accessories end up in a yard sale at "get them out of my hair" prices. 

Whether we are the end of the line or not is up to us, isn't it? 
Just a little food for thought...      Wink

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:14am
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:51am:
Yep, they will be, for awhile, until the widow or the kids decide they need the room that old gun safe is taking up for something else, and those prize shooters and accessories end up in a yard sale at "get them out of my hair" prices.
Or worse, they will collect the $50 or $100, each from the cops when they have their 'gun turn-in, no questions asked' drive. Whenever I see these on the tube I am amazed at the money that ignorant folks throw away. Last one had a beautiful Browning Sweet-16 going into the crusher. Can imagine what has gone in that I haven't seen.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint