Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BSA Ejector Spring (Read 3912 times)
rimfire
Ex Member

BSA Ejector Spring
Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I need one for a BSA International 22 lr.  Any ideas on where I may
procure one?  Thanks foor your help.
The rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Re: BSA Ejector Spring
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Charlie 
My suggestions are MT Guns, Gun Parts, DZ Arms ( they are making extractors so maybe they have a source for springs) & Dick Williams Gunsmithing. 

A UK connection who hangs out on the martini section of Rimfire Central is mjohno. He has helped others find BSA parts.

Other than that I am not sure where to look. I do know of a talented 'smith or two who could make one. The Mk II did have two extractors of the forked variety (one thick and one thinner) but I do not know if they used the same spring. Be preparred to have a photo of the spring which may help, especially when dealing overseas.

Ed

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Ed - thanks for you suggestions.
This is for a rifle marked BSA International.
Which is I believe a MK I but it only has one
internal trigger adjustment screw and I was under
the impression that the MK I had 3 internal adjustment screws.
It is the short action with a screw in bbl just like a MK II.
Thanks again - the rimfire cdpersons

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Charlie
Well if it is marked International Match Rifle, it is what people call a Mk I. That one early on had an ejector like the 12/15 (plate style as I call it) and earlier small frame models or it could be the thinner forked style. Neither of which I have owned. If the removable trigger group does not have external adjustments that would be a correct trigger group for a Mk I. Some sent Mk I's back to BSA for retrofit to the external adjustments that were incorporated in Mk II's.

Good luck.
Ed

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Ed - this has what I believe you are calling the plate style extractor not the forked style like the MK III, ISU and MK V.
the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Rimfire
My Mkll has a v spring under the front edge of the extractor. It will eject a case halfway to the target. There is no spring in the 13/15.
Tom

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
I took the rifle to Mark Penrod of Penrod Precision on Thursday afternoon - he TIG welded the spring - re heat treated it - dbl draw tempered it - made some improvements to it - reinstalled it and brought it to me at Beeson's Range at EG when he came to shoot Saturday morning.  I have put a little over 100 rounds through it since then and and it is operating flawlessly.  THANKS Mark.
the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint