Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need a new scope (Read 1925 times)
Van
Senior Forum Member

Need a new scope
Jun 29th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
What scope do you use?
Do you need any more power than like a 6-24?
I want just one scope that I can use for both bench and standing. I have got threw a half dozen scopes so far and not very satified with any of them.
What would you suggest, I have eye problems so fine x hair and small dots are out. Right now I have a sightron 10-50 that I really hate for that very reason.
I have shot all my highest score with a 6-24 but have a problem seeing the holes without a spotting scope and that is what I wanted to eliminate with a higher power scope..
what do you say??     I know I have problem////van

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Need a new scope
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Van,
Is it possible to have the reticle changed in your Sightron? That would seem the easiest solution. One problem that I have with much above about 24X is the mirage and your 10 - 50 variable will work for that, too.

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Van I have been using a Nightforce 12X42 Benchrest Scope for quite a few years now with the NP-2DD reticle and I like you have no use for not only fine crosshairs but crosshairs period. In regards to the unobstructed dot size I believe they will make it to suit your needs. Due to the quality of the optics the mirage is probably about the same one would experience in a 25X-30X scope of lesser quality. It was the best money I ever spent and a spotting scope is not required even while shooting 22 Cal. bullets  at 200yds by personnel experience. The target quality is truly amazing at 42X and I never shoot at a lesser power and I only wish that it had more. If I ever hit the Lottery I would like to try a March 60X as there is nothing like being able pick an exacting spot on our just outside the 25 ring when conditions call for it and breaking the shot on it. This is very doable with the NF 12X42 I just feel it might be just a tad better with the 60X March.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Van
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
John, been thinking in that direction (Night Force) been looking at the leopold 5-25 and the Burris 8-32 Black Diamond..today.
You really like the 2DD reticle over the other types, why?
If I'm going to send 1200+ I want something I can see. 
I think there is one company that will install a larger dot in some of the Sightron lll series.
thanks so far for the help...
van

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Van it is very hard for me to explain in writing and I believe you are located in Utah and we have a scheduled match coming up on July 16th and not only are you more than welcome to look through my scope to see what you think you are more than welcome to shoot it a top my rifle. If you have something for me to shoot that's fine and if not that is fine also as I will have everything on hand for you to be competitive with my Rifle if you can make it?

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

dave_j

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 1:44am
Print Post  
hey   wait   free shooting??  sign me up!!

hi John Smiley

ah heck  AA#9,4227,300MP, as long as it goes bang

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint